Gpu Fried.

B16Enk

• 1. DDz Quorum

My ancient ATI 4890 had been giving me blue screens now and again for best part of a year, so it was hinting strongly that it need retirement.

Well if finally blew, both outputs completely dead so it is on the way to the bin.

Having to use a 4550 ( :blink: ) as a reserve for now whilst I await the approach of payday (didn't get my over time last month and really hoping it is approved and paid this month) so question is..

What to get?

Will happily switch to nVidia if that is best bang for buck.

Can only scrape up around £150 so what do you guys recommend?

I don't mind about Clod for now, sounds like that is a dead duck and by the time it is multi-player capable I will probably have an entirely new system!

So IL2 and RoF are the main thing, plus of course being able to run DX11 at last.

Birthday is this month so it's going to be an early pressie :D

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks guys :)

Looks like I may plump for that one, if still available next week.

Although this is tempting too:

https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/ARIANET+Radeon+HD+7850+2048MB+GDDR5+PCI-Express+Graphics+Card+%2B+2+FREE+Games%21+?productId=51340

Any thoughts on that one guys?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey Roger in the mean time you have heard of baking your your card in the oven haven't you?

Some cards have pretty sloppy solder joints and this can fix them some times.

take a look around these links.

https://www.google.c...lient=firefox-a

Wow.

Just got to try that :)

Nothing to lose :D

Wife does a daily bake any way, so can make use of the left over oven heat ;)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well I baked it :)

200C for 10 mins.

Took it out and then noticed one of the components (marked 1R0) has a crack in it.

No idea what it is or if the crack is significant, if I could find out what it is and get a replacement it would be an easy soldering job.

Will be attempting seeing if the bake worked anyway later tonight, once I finish work..

Got to admit the thought of getting a new card on Tuesday is tempting..

• 1. DDz Quorum

Still dead :(

Did the bake and reassemble despite the cracked component, and it still failed to output any video.

I found a R01 component on the spare 4550 I am using, but my soldering iron failed to generate sufficient heat to desolder the broken one, it was a last ditch attempt.

Looks like moth releasing time and a new card to be ordered tomorrow.

• 1. DDz Quorum

New card ordered, will make a change going back to nVidia (got the Aria MSI GeForce GTX 560-448 Ti 1280MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card) so quite looking forward to installing that tomorrow if postie does his job :D

• 1. DDz Quorum

Yum yum..

Clod is actually playable - yikes!

Have downloaded the RC1 Sept patch, installed that and then found the October one.

So not tried it with the beta patches yet, tomorrow :)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=34902

Any one else tried that yet?

Yep, that's the latest and greatest. With the RC1 patch you've got at the moment you won't be able to start the RAF stuff from cold on the ground! They fixed that and more with RC2. Don't install it onto the RC1 patch though. Do the verify integrity of game files with Steam to get you back to the official version and then install the new patch.

Have fun :D

Have you tried 'er with the official patch yet? I was flying about in a Bf109 on ATAG last night and while I nary found another soul in spite of trying to coordinate on TS, I had fun with the flying anyway. I still think the sight distance is way to short. Oh, well.