Bbc Tv (Uk) Heads Up: Bomber Boys With The Macgregor Bros.

BluBear

Following on from the wonderful documentary Ewan and his brother Colin (exRAF pilot) MacGregor made for the BBC about Spitfire pilot training during the BofB, this time round it's all about the lovely Lancaster.

BBC1 9pm Sunday 5th Feb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01byv2g

Preview here:

You already have a TV star amongst you B)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/britainfromabove/stories/transport/motorwaysoffcoast.shtml sadly I think this will only work for UK residents.........in case you have no idea what I'm linking this for I am the pilot in the clip.

• 2. Administrators

Did they get your best side Bongo?

@ Blubear - I'm definitely in the wrong job, I've never even been offered a ride in the Lancaster, but it turns out all you have to do to fly it is make a naff prequel and have two biking holidays...Humph.

Jabo

it was nice to see Colin Mcgregor going through the same anxiety caused by flying with aunty Kath, Kath Burnham (DC3 instructor) was the head of training for Air Atlantique, she trained me on the islander for the Coastguard job and did all my renewals.....now theres a woman that can leave you shaking at the knees...but not for the right reasons, as some of you might have noticed she could be easily bribed with candy.

random fact...she has one of her pinky fingers missing, it was chewed off by a DC3 cargo door.

Cliff Spink was one of my bosses at Air Atlantique....he let me sit in his Mk16 spit :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

Just watched it on BBC iplayer and WOW ! Did anyone notice Colin wipe the tear from his eye just after climbing out of the Lanc ?

Bongo: I thought "Cath" was a jolly fine bunch of women ! LOL With the greatest of respect of course :wub:

~S~ Painless

Bloody brilliant wasn't it?!

Well done BBC and the bros. MacGregor.

They weren't afraid to tackle the controversies and I think did justice to those fine men of bomber command.

Some of the aerial footage was simply breathtaking. Almost as good as a coastguard islander ;-)