I havnt fired up CoD in a while but with the new nvidea drivers I thought Id give it a go.

with gamebooster running and new drivers the game was pretty smooth, I did the free flight over england and london sightseeing and whereas in the past I got slowdowns and pauses, tonight was pretty smooth. around 35fps free flight and 25 over london , a big improvement.

There is still a long way to go and much to fix but it was at least playable tonight. I hope that the next patch starts to kick off some more improvements and get us towwards where it should have been on release.

• 2. Administrators

Lordy, that's a lot of work they're undertaking. Hopefully this will make the game playable for more people. It's tantamount to an admission that they took their eye off the ball during the development but it's a positive sign that they're addressing the issues. It also explains why things have been quiet recently on the problem solution front.

Jabo

The FPS on that first Comp image goes from 40 before to 24 after with an AVG of 10 before and 21 after? That does not sound very good. And those shots were taken at high altitude with the cockpit taking up most of the screen. Even the average after is not good at only 21 fps it seems.

• 5 weeks later...

FPS are lower in the after shots?:huh:

Landscape looks better, but I'm not sold on the cockpit shots, and weathering on the wing.

The FPS on that first Comp image goes from 40 before to 24 after with an AVG of 10 before and 21 after? That does not sound very good. And those shots were taken at high altitude with the cockpit taking up most of the screen. Even the average after is not good at only 21 fps it seems.

Well the new beta patch is out and the results for me are frankly disappointing. Had a serious performance hit. Pre-beta I had around a forty fps average with few stutters which made the game very playable. Same went for online too.

Now I'm down to around 25 fps with stuttering and online is worse. Not really playable at the moment. In these terms I'm back to release levels of performance.

Call me a cynical old fool but the new graphics seems to consist to me of turning the brightness up and the contrast down. The ground looks good like this the shorelines are much more defined and tracers are much improved but thats it for me. Everything else sucks. Why did they fiddle with the visuals which were o.k. when there's so much more that needs sorting out? :icon_twisted:

However, the good news is the new sounds done by the guy from the Rise of Flight team are 100% better.

What I'm afraid of is the devs ignoring the negative feedback and releasing this as the next official patch which will effectively sink the game for me until it's (hopefully) patched again.

For BadAim; you realise that CoD is becoming a parody of the Obama administration? Massive expectation followed by swift disillusion and a lot of stumbling around with the very best of intentions but not really gettin' anywhere. :laughing7:

Oh yeah, whatever your system, whatever you do don't fly through clouds no more or you'll be treated to Olegs magic lantern show!

Check this out http://youtu.be/wD7ZIXhd8P8 a really well done comparison video.

You know, besides the super cool ability to count the number of rivets on the radar towers, there ain't nothing much better than Il2...modded or otherwise.

Now, the ability to count the rivets and go running to Jedipedia or a book to compare the actual true numbers is pretty freaking cool...I still say Oleg and everyone involved is a fuc**ng as*hole and CLOD is a piece of sheet.

It's almost like getting one of those Nigerian letters:

My name is Oleg. My brother is the former Finance Minister of Stupidfuckupedistan and I have a video game and $20,000,000 to send you if only you send me you banking info and $50.00 to cover a disk and steam download.

• 1. DDz Quorum

My friends, come back from this sinful experience that is CLOD, repent and commit your lives to the one true alter that is IL2..(insert Hallelujah Chorus here..)

Sister Jonathan is always available for "re-alignment" training.... ;)

Oh dear, Friar. I seem to become increasingly drawn to the unholy schism that is Rise of Flight. :icon_study:

Amen to that brother!

I did have the feeling that a complete overhaul of CLOD was immanent. I got the feeling early on that much of the game was thrown together with many bandages of sorts just to get a workable program that could be released and that in the end, much of CLOD would be seriously reworked. That said, looks like they are making good progress is short measure. It's definitely playable for me and looking and running better now too. I'm actually enjoying the suspense of seeing what the lineage of patches are doing. AA still looks to be crappy at distance but I have more confidence now that they will iron it out. Haven't tried driver AA since the latest patch but I will see if it has a better effect.

post-591-0-44796300-1315886200_thumb.jpg

post-591-0-61707700-1315886205_thumb.jpg

post-591-0-14594900-1315886211_thumb.jpg

post-591-0-58476500-1315886218_thumb.jpg