Up 3.0 An Upgrade Too Far

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Does anyone else think that we should perhaps go back to 4.101 for a while until the patch comes out. On line at the moment seems to be back to the bad old days, people having install problems, player scores not being shown (I really did get 1280 last night), game seat issues features not working correctly etc

Dont get me wrong, I think what UP 3.0 has to offer will be brilliant, but perhaps just not yet.....

Agree Friar. I am suprised there are so many bugs in UP3. I thought I read somewhere that it was almost bug-free, despite some minor ones like the recticle in some of the Spits. But I could be wrong. So far I can´t load larger maps (game stops loading at 90% or quits to Desktop). My pc keep telling me to insert a disc when I quit UP3 (no big deal if it doesn´t happen in the game). XP users, who probably are in minority by now, have a big disadvantage of running UP3. It seem to be very close to CLOD in question of memory and GPU(?)usage. But I am still able to run UP3 with smaller maps and then it is working fine.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well it is a release candidate, hence why it has not been officially adopted as the defacto version for us..

Using it and finding the bugs hopefully will result in a finished product like UP2 :)

Except for a few minor bugs (which are getting fixed this week) and assuming you have the game set up properly (tweak the RAM or enable texture compression) it works fine.

I think that Jedi would miss his jets :P

• 1. DDz Quorum

Think we sorted out my issues. At least the 90% loading issue. Thanks Fenrir!

~S~ Swep M8,

Fenrir did the same for me as I'm using XP and all seems well now (fingers and toes crossed)

As for the UP3.0 thing ... I really like alot of the new features when compared to 4.101 BUT I hate having to waste precious flying time because of various issues or miss out on the company of a fellow DD who is having problems. So, I think we should always use the best touble free version , available at the time :laughing7:

~S~ Painless