My New Ride

Rattler

very nice

please take care ... too many of my biker mates ended up in hospital at one time or another, I broke my kneecap when I was 24 on my bonneville 750.

usually not the bikers fault but someone not looking

I love bikes but I dont think Ill ever get another, too many folk on the roads around here who dont know what they are doing

Sweet.... my Kawi Vulcan 500 is gently depreciating in the corner of my garage... I refuse to sell it so it'll stay there until 2030 when the kids are grown up and no longer depend on me to provide for them.

Coincidentally, 2030 is about the time I'll be back on line to fly with you guys again, LOL <sigh>...

I had to let go of my dandy outfit - a 16-valve K100RS BMW tied to a steel, military sidecar - this year, as the combination of the battery/ stimulator unit implanted in my left chest plus the total lack of a right arm has meant I just don't have the physical strength to ride it any more. :icon_cry:

So I've hung up my boots and helmet and bequeathed the Green Meanie to a deserving friend who lives up on Dartmoor and is otherwise cut off.

Sixteen years ago a moronic nonce came six feet over the centre-line and crashed into me, with the result being a horrific list of damage to my right shoulder and my spine. If that ain't bad enough, it's more or less ended my flight-simming days too. It ain't one of those injuries that heals up and goes away, and my condition is deteriorating. Yes, I know I spent most of last year building the wall in my garden, and a fine job it is too; but if I'd had a spare grand or two around I would've happily paid someone else to do it!

I ain't saying don't ride: just ride really defensively. Any of the other drivers around you is just as likely to be as stupid as the #@;^ that did for me, and don't ever forget it. Take lids, boots and leathers, and your brain - but leave your ego behind ;)

B

Nice bike Rattler. I agree with Delta7. Please be very careful on the roads this time of the year. The cagers are not used to see motorcycles on the roads so look out !! I hope that you have a great biking season my friend :)

MT

I am certainly going to be very careful, all - thanks for the concern!

@BG - meh, you can let life get to you, or you can go on with what you've been given. I've always wanted a street bike, and this one fell into my lap, so I went for it. I am a very careful rider, defensive driving course, etc. I'm never complacent.

@Snacko - 34,700 km on the dial.