Great Wall Of Blairgowrie Finally Finished

Blairgowrie

When is tee-off? Where will the helipad be?

Sweper and Painless...you guys are just being silly.

(as everyone knows Jim already has two championship courses - my favourite of which is the Links-style one. And a helipad on both the south and east lawns...so there would hardly be reason to add more.)

The new lawn was hydro seeded yesterday. They use a mixture of ground up newspaper as a mulch, three types of grass seed: rye grass, fescue and kentucky bluegrass and some starter fertilizer. Total cost was $478 or 9 cents a square foot. First time I have used hydo seeding so interested to see the results, I am told grass should appear within 7 days.

100_0483.jpg

100_0484.jpg

100_0485.jpg

100_0486.jpg

100_0487.jpg

100_0488.jpg

100_0489.jpg

~S~ BG

How often did the hydro-seed contractor say to water it?

I hydro-seeded my lawn in Texas and I was instructed to water it three times a day. My water bill was a real eye opener. Of course I didn’t have a wind powered pump feeding a “Pond” the size of Lake Ontario.

Obviously Texas is a lot hotter than where you are, but until the root system is established you’ll need to water it a lot.

Water is no problem here Tribunus. The well for the house came in at 100 gallons per minute and we will water it from there. Shortly after we seeded it, we had a good steady rain so that should last us for a week. After that, once a week should be sufficient. As soon as the grass comes up we have been told to apply a slow release, high nitrogen fertilizer.

Trust me Mate, we already know about the water.

The U.S. Government has contingency plans for all sorts of things. :glasses7:

We’ve already quietly approached the Canadian Government about purchasing water rights.

So far the Canadians have rejected our offer.

Oh crap,

So ... you're just gonna take it then......

Mate, “Just gonna take it” is a bit harsh.

We prefer to think of it as just borrowing it for a while. ;)

And Fruitbat is spot on. Since our negotiations with the Canadian Government have come to naught, we’ve opened negotiations with BG enterprises. Once BG finishes his underground system of pipelines, we should have all the water that we need.