thanks Glenn!

JensenPark

YES! That was great. We sure showed those sons of the orient who's

master of the sky and sea.....nyahh nayahh nayahhhhh!

I still wanna know who the hell was flying that Zeke that got me in the first misn.....

Was so sneaky that it had to be a Brit flying a japanese plane; the ultimate

in underhandedness.. :twisted:

or it coulda just been the resident wackjob......

thanks Glen, even though I was on the recieving end.

I humblly Bow to the great Round Eye with there superior war machine :notworthy:

Our workers in Japan could not supply enough Fighter planes for our midway theater.

the emperor needs to tell the japanese shipping dock that they need longer boats. I think we lost almost 1/3 of our fighters too Neptune.

:salute: salute to the 3 F4's hanging out over the American carriers. I was 0-4 on getting my bombs on target because you bastigas kept comming out of no where!!!

I HATE YOUR A-20's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I HATE YOUR MIDWAY ISLAND!!!!!! I hope the place becomes infested with Disease!!!!!!!!

To my Honorable worriors, I am sorry I have failed you in not achieveing Victory. as an honorable worrior, I know what is expected of me. I ask for forgivness from all the families who lost brave soldiers.

" Tonar-san walks slowly into an empty field with a sharp sword given by the emperor in his hand ":sad3:

• 1. DDz Quorum

I echo all that has been said Glenn. another great night, strangely plagued by tech problems all round!.

Enforcer that may have been me (will have to examine the track to find out) as, amazingly, I did manage to take two down in quick succession over midway. I hope that readers do not think that I am boasting, and appologise unreservedly if someone else knows for a fact it was them, but getting two like (i think) that for me is quite a novelty!

well done blue

Well done to my fellow heroic and valient pilots.

so what happened in the second mission ? the red won the first due to our couragous bombers taking out a carrier- I think sunflower got the final hit - but what happened afterwards?

well done to the red fighter group in that first mission we managed to keep midway clear long enough for the bombers to take off - my efforts were reduced by severe stutters which caused 2 mid air crashes -apologies to blue pilots involved but I couldnt do anything to prevent this

I liked the icon sets and map set glen - it made it difficult to pick out enemy but maintain contact with friends , also made you work on navigation so added to atmosphere

so what happened in the second mission ? the red won the first due to our couragous bombers taking out a carrier- I think sunflower got the final hit - but what happened afterwards?

well done to the red fighter group in that first mission we managed to keep midway clear long enough for the bombers to take off - my efforts were reduced by severe stutters which caused 2 mid air crashes -apologies to blue pilots involved but I couldnt do anything to prevent this

I liked the icon sets and map set glen - it made it difficult to pick out enemy but maintain contact with friends , also made you work on navigation so added to atmosphere

we killed off two more carriers in round two. Think Glenn and DT each finished one off - in the SBDs.

Funny, I had absolutely no stutters at all - no lag, nothing.

One of the funniest things I saw (apart from shooting down Psycho and having his explosion kill me) was watching a Val trying to land on a dead carrier that was full of flames and bomb blasts on its deck. I was up flying to the next carrier and see this Val make a nice approach...then boom! Blue - 1 pilot.

I was one of those, and don't worry Dave: it happens. I managed to get a couple of F4's just before that anyway. A great time, Glenn, and thanks! Can't wait for the next big bash, but don't rush yourself. We need to pace our gifted m8's so that they don't burn out!

• 1. DDz Quorum

A great time and look forward to your next fine mission. One point I forgot to bring up last night

that I just remembered. Three times I had problems while trying to take off from a carrier.

My B5N2 would appear, I'd set up and just before I started to take off or try and turn to get to

the back of the carrier, a plane popped up in front of me. Had to wait for him, to start, one guy

had so much lag, I asked him to drive it off the side. I heard him say something about the crash,

I watched him for another 5 seconds, then his plane started and he went over the side.

I'm a complete know nothing on what you all do to set these up (Thank You), I guess if there is

a way to reserve a carrier for only large bombers, have fighters/destroyers take off somewhere else.

Two cents of babbler from me, all in all it was fantastic. No lags here. Look forward to next theatre,

maybe I'll get lucky and pick the winning side, haven't yet.

DD_Pooka

A most enjoyable evening.

I discovered just how much you can lose a skill not using it for a couple of weeks. An old saying with something about 'the broad side of a barn' would just about cover my marksmanship last eve.

Once again, thanks for all your hard work in putting together this and all the other campaigns I've had the pleasure of participating in.

Looking forward to the next one,

I'm a complete know nothing on what you all do to set these up (Thank You), I guess if there is

a way to reserve a carrier for only large bombers, have fighters/destroyers take off somewhere else.

DD_Pooka

I would think that would be up to the mission commander to decide, as opposed to the mission designer. Wouldn't it?

Except for the seaplanes, (at least on blue) I think all carriers could spawn all planes. Though I could be wrong. So, maybe in a similar scenario in the future, the mission commander could simply say, "fighters spawn at carrier X and Bombers at carriers Y & Z".

If the misssion was designed with one carrier, one plane and say, the carrier that spawned fighters got sunk, it could mean a bad situation for that team.

Cheers,

thanks Glen, even though I was on the recieving end.

I humblly Bow to the great Round Eye with there superior war machine :notworthy:

Our workers in Japan could not supply enough Fighter planes for our midway theater.

the emperor needs to tell the japanese shipping dock that they need longer boats. I think we lost almost 1/3 of our fighters too Neptune.

:salute: salute to the 3 F4's hanging out over the American carriers. I was 0-4 on getting my bombs on target because you bastigas kept comming out of no where!!!

I HATE YOUR A-20's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I HATE YOUR MIDWAY ISLAND!!!!!! I hope the place becomes infested with Disease!!!!!!!!

To my Honorable worriors, I am sorry I have failed you in not achieveing Victory. as an honorable worrior, I know what is expected of me. I ask for forgivness from all the families who lost brave soldiers.

" Tonar-san walks slowly into an empty field with a sharp sword given by the emperor in his hand ":sad3:

Von Tonar, put away your Seppuku blades. The gods of campaign design may have dealt you an unwinnable hand. See Hell-Divers! after action report for details.

We are going to play this one again at some point, and the honorable Von Tonar shall lead the yellow menace once again. Hai!

DD_Pooka

I would think that would be up to the mission commander to decide, as opposed to the mission designer. Wouldn't it?

Except for the seaplanes, (at least on blue) I think all carriers could spawn all planes. Though I could be wrong. So, maybe in a similar scenario in the future, the mission commander could simply say, "fighters spawn at carrier X and Bombers at carriers Y & Z".

If the misssion was designed with one carrier, one plane and say, the carrier that spawned fighters got sunk, it could mean a bad situation for that team.

Cheers,

Well, while all the carriers could spawn B5N2's, only the southernmost was designed for it. It was a longer one, with those invisible runways to assist in front.

You make a good point that if there is dedicated carrier for a particular plane, then killing it would destroy access to those planes. So, I will have to make install those runway helpers on at least another one of the carriers, if not all.

• 1. DDz Quorum

!S! Glenn , thank you once again for all your hard work sir.

You have taken peoples comments on some of the problems we had, (given how much time you always put in), really well , REALLY WELL !!!!! LOL

Did you beat the crap out of a passing stranger to make yourself feel better or are you a way better man than me :huh:? LMAO :lol:

The freeze problem was the only thing that pissed me off really, I even had trouble taking a Zero off ,( how easy is that normally !!!) What we need is a "super computer" as a server maybe ?? LOL :idea:

Doesn't matter though , as I think I have mentioned before , it's listening to the team speak and all the banta that I love.

Looking forward to the next one already M8.

~S~ Painless

S! Painless and Glenn.

One way to reduce lag if the option is already on is to prevent skin downloads for the missions.

Consider that skins in general are 1024k in size and as already noted most servers run at 56k. This would amount for upto 11 mins per client per skin to transfer to one client. Multiply that by 20 and you have a lot of potentially unnecessary network traffic.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Further to the post above, if skins are pre-shared then we can all dress in our finery.

I don't know if skin uploads would still have to be on to show other players skins, but if they are already in your net cache then there will be no lag induced by someone needing to upload them.

Some of our guys are on dial-up, so this should be considered!

And my connection is pretty close to dial up speed (ok it isn't but it sure feels like it!).

Good idea Rog and yes skin downloads would still need to be on. That goes for both server and client to see the skins (I think).

It would be better to share than rely on netcache to do the necessary.

Maybe you should think about carrier pigeons Rog! ;):D

!S! Glenn , thank you once again for all your hard work sir.

You have taken peoples comments on some of the problems we had, (given how much time you always put in), really well , REALLY WELL !!!!! LOL

Did you beat the crap out of a passing stranger to make yourself feel better or are you a way better man than me :huh:? LMAO :lol:

The freeze problem was the only thing that pissed me off really, I even had trouble taking a Zero off ,( how easy is that normally !!!) What we need is a "super computer" as a server maybe ?? LOL :idea:

Doesn't matter though , as I think I have mentioned before , it's listening to the team speak and all the banta that I love.

Looking forward to the next one already M8.

~S~ Painless

Honestly Painless, I took it all in stride, M8, because I could tell as things played out that things were seriously outbalanced. Going INTO this week, I began to feel some doubts at the back of my mind regarding the number of Zeros, but where I really goofed was completely underestimating the effect of the bombers.

I think the basic campaihn design is a good one if I do say so myself, but the plane sets completely skewed it, and I have no trouble admitting it. Basically, this first try was a play-testing session. The real campaign will be played next time. :wink:

Like I said, BTW, you guys on the blue were sports about it and I appreciate it.

As far as the lag, it was particularly bad this session. It could have been any number of reasons including the bad weather I had here when we were flying. In addition to the weather itself, it might have sent many people in my area getting online rather than outdoors. In any event, we'll look into it. BBloke had some suggestions for stream-lining it. When I can get the time this week, I am going to go all through all my settings and then perhaps we can have a test night.

Good idea Rog and yes skin downloads would still need to be on. That goes for both server and client to see the skins (I think).

It would be better to share than rely on netcache to do the necessary.

Maybe you should think about carrier pigeons Rog! ;):D

Regarding skin downloads, I have always shut them off for the servers we have played. I assume that means that no skin transfers occur at all. However, is it possible that they might still somehow occur is certain players leave it on?