I can see your house from here

Sweper

• 3 months later...

Update.

Now the old record of a 26 gigapixel picture is overtaken by a pic over Dubai. The picture is made with a Canon 7D and 4 250 pics put together - is now 45 gigapixel! Anyone notice the naked woman in the window? Keep zooming!

http://gigapan.org/gigapans/fullscreen/48492/

Swep

• 2. Administrators

That's unfair Sweper, most of us have other things to do with the remainder of our natural lives without you luring them..ok...us...in with the promise of naked females, then presenting us with 25% of the windows in Dubai. Thanks....Humph, LOL

Fantastic picture in any case. There's some serious processing going on there.

Jabo

• 6 months later...

That BT tower just invites a missile strike.

The BT tower, or the Post Office Tower as it was originally called was the tallest building in London for years. It used to be open to the public too and had a revolving restaurant near the top. When I was a kid one Christmas my mum took my brothers and I to meet dad there for lunch. Can't remember anything about the food except this little outing must have cost them an arm and a leg-it was one expensive restaurant, but the view was fantastic! This would have been 1970, before London had too much in the way of high rise buildings.

What I really remember was the amazing view of airliners flying low over central London on their approach to Heathrow airport.

The tower was a target of sorts. The following year the IRA detonated a small bomb in the restaurants loo and it's been closed to the public ever since. A great pity really.

If you live or work in central London I always thought the real nightmare would be a terrorist on a rooftop armed with a SAM. Heathrow airport is just to the west of London, the prevailing winds come from the west so the approach to Heathrow for airliners crossing the pond is to fly over the north London suburbs where I grew up the before making an easy 180 degree turn onto finals which takes them right over central London from east to west.

Man, if some nutcase ever managed to take out a 747 or a big airbus over there it would be like the Titanic going down again.

Once we've (and by that I mean us in the allied sense) pulled out of Iraq and Afghanistan, your nightmare will likely come true, as will those of most of the free world. I suspect all crowded places in the "free" world will be dangerous.