H1N1 Flu Shots

Blairgowrie

After much internal debate, I had decided to get the H1N1 shot once it became generally available. Mostly because I am forced to deal with the public and attend public buildings where everyone should wear plastic gloves before touching any door handle, telephone, light switch, toilet handle, etc.

Unfortunately, prior to general availability, I came down with a flu (don't know if it was H1N1) on November 10, a day that will live in infamy in my medical history. I only get 1, maybe 2 colds a year, but this was one sh*t-kickin', nasty experience. 5 days of all-over muscle pain, blinding headache and eye pain, fever and chills, sweating and then shivering uncontrollably, every bodily function routine (sleeping, eating, bowels)

at the moment there is no other flu in the world except the H1N1. and one u get over it u do not need H1N1 shot. your body all ready produced the best H1N1 antibodies and u r immune to the one for the rest of your life.

i'm also one of those people that r not sick a lot. i had a flu only one time in my life as i remember. and that's what makes it terrible for us. i just did not experience anything like that before and i was feeling just as Strider described for a 3-4 days. terrible.

but i really do think that it is much better to fight flu in bed with vitamins and tea. only if u see that it starts getting to your lungs you should go to hospital. if u get pneumonia with H1N1 that's dangerous. that makes Strider one great fighter :) he had a double one.

what does not kill u make's u stronger m8 ;)

~S~

Dang Bill, hang in there, I've been wrestling my deal since my above post, but nothing to what your explaining.

I've still managed to get to work and get the job done, but once home, camped on the couch.

I'm about to make a trip later today or tomorrow to KC again over my kids dam car.

~S~, M8's!

Thanks all for the good wishes---feel better already!

The description above is an overview of the symptoms---thought I would spare you the gory details. Nasty, nasty experience. Wouldn't wish this on my ex-wives...well...hmmm...

@ gec---what price immunity? Think I would rather have chanced the shot! I should be as strong as Hercules or Arnie Terminator after this

Much experimentation over the years and this is what I take:

Cold - FX

Naka brand Vital Greens - horrible taste but it works, fairly hard to find. Look online

Sambuguard- elderberry extract

Your body depletes vitamin A when you're sick, take extra but be careful with it.

Natural source vitamin C like Ester-C won't hurt your stomach - ascorbic acid (artificial stuff) does and doesn't really work.

Most folks north of Atlanta are deficient in vitamin D

Easy on the yogurt unless you're on antibiotics.