Happy Anniversary BG

JensenPark

Today is the 40th anniversary of the introduction of ATM's to the banking scene in Canada.

Canada now has the largest per capita amount of ATM's of any industrialized country in the world.

And guess just who happened to be one of the main guys who got those machines put into every nook and cranny in Canada, helping him amass a personal fortune bigger than Bill Gates and Warren Buffett?

None other than our Squad Leader BG.

An odd anniversary to celebrate I know, but I thought I'd share some info on the impact our humble leader had in this part of our world.

Thanks JP. Yes, I was the Canadian Sales Manager for a company out of Dallas called Docutel. They were the first company in the world to manufacture a full automated teller machine. There were some cash dispensers around but they got limited usage. I was with them for 5 years and had a great time, selling machines to most of the big Canadian Banks and Trust Companies. Unlimited expense account and jetting all over Canada.

Things came to a sad end when the big guys like IBM and NCR got into the game. Docutel did not have the cash to compete with giants with new machines and they were eventually gobbled up. I saw the end coming long before that and bailed out early.

http://www.atmmarketplace.com/article.php?id=1339

:bg:    

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

Happy Birthday BG! I hope you have a good one :-)

It's not his birthday, guys. It was the ATM's anniversary, which JP decided to celebrate. No one knows why, and we don't ask about such matters. Kelly is Kelly.

:roflmao:

~S~ Painless