Not that easy to start a FW190's engin :)

MadTrooper

• 2. Administrators
I also had no idea that those guys making new build FWs had created a D model.

Not sure about this Enforcer - The Flug-Werke guys do have a 'Dora' version, but I think the one in the video may be the only extant example with the original engine. I know there's one lurking Stateside, although I'm not sure where (possibly owned by that guy who used to part own MS with Billy G). Since the FW aircraft use modern engines, they have electric starters.

Dear old Black 6 in the second video also had an original engine, hence the requirement to 'wind it up'. Such a shame to see her consigned to Hendon after the CAA numptys withdrew her C of A after a fairly minor landing accident a few years back. A genuine combat vet 109. Criminal really.

Jabo

Havent seen one of those type starters in use in yrs.

I also had no idea that those guys making new build FWs had created a D model.

Hollywood needs to break out the old idea book on war movie ideas.

Yellow10 was recovered to the USA after the war and underwent some trials before being sold. It lay deralict in Atlanta for many years before being discovered by Jerry Crandall who followed its subsequent trail and restoration in Germany. He has written a short book on this which I have.

It now resides at the Champlin Museum in Phoenix. It is not rated for flying and as its the only example left of a D-13, it would be too risky to fly it anyway.

Great video of the BF 109

S