4.09 beta looks like it will be going gold soon.

Blairgowrie

From the sounds of it that may be exactly right. I expect to be flying both side by side for some time anyhow. I'm just glad to have some progress, my biggest hope is for a bit more optimization for the newer hardware. Though the new planes will be nice too.

• 2. Administrators

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Oleg said several times that 4.09 will go Gold shortly before BOB is released?

Possibly Trib m8, but don't forget that 'shortly' is an Olegian measure of time (i.e. 'the Jurassic era occurred shortly after the Cambrian era' vs. 'I came back home shortly after going out as I remembered I'd left the gas on'). 'Soon' is another one...

Jabo

I'm getting tired of this forum not updating me, on recent topics accurately.

It used to do so well.

And I went and posted this later in a separate thread because of it.

http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums/index.php/topic,7797.msg66133/boardseen.html#new

I wonder why its broken, It used to be like a Swiss watch

• 2. Administrators

I've noticed that recently as well TOAD. When the 'Show all unread topics since last visit' shows nothing new, a click on 'click here to show all unread topics' shows a load of new posts. I've gotten into the habit of clicking both, so I can make sure that I've ignored something important

I met Kelly for a beer today in Edmonton, he is without his PC or good net access and I was ranting and raving about all the new planes. I am SO glad to see the S.79!!

On another note we are poised for VIP access to the CWH Lancaster which will be flying here Friday. I will be camped out by the runway awaiting its arrival....

I just want to break in here and ask my friends to be careful not to disparage that most ancient of peoples the Olegites. Many people are familiar with their language Olegish but few are capable of understanding the complexities of the Olegian calendar, I mean these people have had like three or four years (according the Olegian time) to develop this intricate time keeping method. I just want to give a word of caution, lest we have an international incident here.

Lmao Jabo....

Used to play console...long time ago..

Just pointing out that the xbox version is actually the same build as the BoB game yet to be released, right?

I haven't seen any confirmation of that, sged, only that it's built using IL2 models converted and updated by a separate firm called Gaijin. This company is not a subsidiary or partner of Oleg.

Oleg Maddox' crew remains working on Storm of War. No parts of the new game-engine have been released at all.

B :dog:

will the finished patch impact the version switcher?

Not sure, and probably won't till it's actually released.

Odds are, it will affect the 4.09 versions for sure.

Since they are going to be affecting the core of the game with new aircraft and maps, and such.

The other versions, would be the same. So someone will undoubtedly adjust the files the switcher manipulates for 4.09

• 2. Administrators

will the finished patch impact the version switcher?

Not sure, and probably won't till it's actually released.

Odds are, it will affect the 4.09 versions for sure.

Since they are going to be affecting the core of the game with new aircraft and maps, and such.

The other versions, would be the same. So someone will undoubtedly adjust the files the switcher manipulates for 4.09

I'm sure FT will update the CheckMods blueprint to include the new 4.09, and then we can all run it and update nice and easily.

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

I've noticed that recently as well TOAD. When the 'Show all unread topics since last visit' shows nothing new, a click on 'click here to show all unread topics' shows a load of new posts. I've gotten into the habit of clicking both, so I can make sure that I've ignored something important

• 2. Administrators

Part of the issue may be that you access the forums on more than one PC.

Dunno about this Rog, it does the same to me and I only use one machine for accessing the forum?