X52 profile help

Zooly

• 1. DDz Quorum

Zooly, a big part of a profile with any stick comes before doing anything with the stick software and that is deciding what you want the stick/hotas to do and assign the keys in the game to the actions your buttons etc are going to perform. Once this has been done the software can be used to make your profile. This is a very personalised process and, even when set up, will more than likely be changed at a whim every so often. However, attached are my IL2 personal settings and my X52pro profile that you may wish to use as a basis. Happy assigning

settings.ini

• 2. Administrators

I am however confused as to why some buttons dont seem to be configurable like the E and i buttons on the throttle section (in game control section).

Dunno m8, I have been able to configure the E button, but the clutch (I) button is locked out.

Just out of interest would it be possible to to use my previous joystick with the throttle section?

I had no problem with the E button. Just went to WEP power and bound it.

The clutch I did play with, it's bound to F7 in my profile above and I use that as TS transmit. If you forget to load the profile it doesn't work, sometimes I jabber away for minutes before I clue in.

I am however confused as to why some buttons dont seem to be configurable like the E and i buttons on the throttle section (in game control section).

Dunno m8, I have been able to configure the E button, but the clutch (I) button is locked out.

The i (clutch) button on the throttle is intended to let you do two things from what I have read.

I'll suggest something here.

Leave all the actual game controls default and build your stick profile to manipulate the default settings.

That way you can still fall back to the default keys on the keyboard if need be.

I made the mistake years ago, to manipulate IL2 as I had CFS1, and CFS2 Then got used to it, and have been off beat ever sense.

Here is a couple of screen shots of my X-45 before I added the Microsoft stick.

They might grease the gears abit for ya.

x-45_page_2.jpg

x-45_page_1.jpg

in the 2 years ive owned an x52 and now the pro version, ive never used the profiler software, i just assign all the important ones in-the game, and then map the rest to the keyboard, keyboard is in the middle of my throttle and stick so its always easy to slap a few button on the keyboard

So then you must use voice activation for comms?

The main reason I used the profiler originally was to get my comms on the stick, so I didn't have to reach to talk.

And Voice activation is a tricky deal with allot of background noise. I had small kids then and lots of TV and house dogs barking.

in the 2 years ive owned an x52 and now the pro version, ive never used the profiler software, i just assign all the important ones in-the game, and then map the rest to the keyboard, keyboard is in the middle of my throttle and stick so its always easy to slap a few button on the keyboard

So then you must use voice activation for comms?

The main reason I used the profiler originally was to get my comms on the stick, so I didn't have to reach to talk.

And Voice activation is a tricky deal with allot of background noise. I had small kids then and lots of TV and house dogs barking.

nope i dont use voice activation, i use a key on the keyboard lol, my desk setup is pretty much