IL2 control input management

Sid

• 1. DDz Quorum

Am I correct in thinking that IL2 only allows 4 control/key input devices? If so, does my 4xUSB setup of mouse, keyboard, X52 and rudder pedals count as the 4? I'm assuming this because the mouse and keyboard get used aswell as the other 2.

Cheerzen.

• 2. Administrators

Am I correct in thinking that IL2 only allows 4 control/key input devices? If so, does my 4xUSB setup of mouse, keyboard, X52 and rudder pedals count as the 4? I'm assuming this because the mouse and keyboard get used aswell as the other 2.

Cheerzen.

Erm, how many hands do you have m8?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Cheerzen.

Erm, how many hands do you have m8?

Lol, it's not a case of how many...it's a case of what you do with those you've got

• 2. Administrators

Cheers Crash, I'll have a mooch around. PC World have the Belkin one in store, no-one seems to stock the Saitek one, only online.

I've tried the belkin one m8 and it works well, the fact that you have three in-game switchable modes on it means you can use it in the same way as the X52.

~S~ Jabo

On a slightly cautionary note - don't expect too much from the Belkin's scroll-wheel. I had one and was disappointed to find that the rotary potentiometer it uses is rather cheap & nasty. I had wanted to use it for setting prop-pitch but I found it prone to drifting off setting. After 3 months' use it was starting to spike alarmingly so I went back to using the key-press method.

B

• 1. DDz Quorum

+1

I have one of the Belkin Speedpad N50's and the scroll wheel is crap.

On a slightly cautionary note - don't expect too much from the Belkin's scroll-wheel. I had one and was disappointed to find that the rotary potentiometer it uses is rather cheap & nasty. I had wanted to use it for setting prop-pitch but I found it prone to drifting off setting. After 3 months' use it was starting to spike alarmingly so I went back to using the key-press method.

B

I have the Logitech G15 Keyboard, original version, that has 18 programmable keys and 3 modes giving me potentially 54 keys I can assign macros to.. :o

TS Display on it is neat, except I keep forgetting I have it and look to the TS Client on my 2nd monitor to see who is speaking doh!!

• 1. DDz Quorum

I bought a Belkin 'n532te' and got a bit pee'd off when I couldn't use it along with my Saitek X52 and pedals. It appears that the software it came with conflicts with the Saitek and disables the Saitek stuff....however, the profile I set up in the n52 was saved internally in the unit and after I deleted the Belkin software and plugged the n52 in to a USB all was well. I can use it along with the Saitek stuff so long as I don't have the Belkin software/driver active

• 2. Administrators

I bought a Belkin 'n532te' and got a bit pee'd off when I couldn't use it along with my Saitek X52 and pedals. It appears that the software it came with conflicts with the Saitek and disables the Saitek stuff....however, the profile I set up in the n52 was saved internally in the unit and after I deleted the Belkin software and plugged the n52 in to a USB all was well. I can use it along with the Saitek stuff so long as I don't have the Belkin software/driver active

• 1. DDz Quorum

• 2. Administrators

• 1. DDz Quorum

B

Cheers for that Brando, I imagine that would have got frustrating as prop pitch is something you need to behave. I did contemplate using the Belkin scroll wheel but I've had pitch mapped to the slider on the X52 throttle for some time and am used to it being there - it allows me to alter throttle and pitch at the same time.

However, after having it on the slider I have come to the conclusion that in general I use 3 settings, 100% (takeoff and landing), 90% (general use) and 50% (preventing overspeed in dives). I do use other settings occaisionally when I can be bothered to monitor the RPM and balance the pitch in the 'green' zone but in a swift moving environment this isn't easy. The throttle slider is good because it is handy but it isn't easy to select a setting first time and I find myself needing to check it has been set after moving the slider. To get over this I am looking to use a key for each of my common settings and see how that works.

Cheerzen

• 2. Administrators

Sid, would it be possible on the x52 to map the three modes to takeoff/general/landing? If so, presumably you would be able to give yourself a suite of general settings for each part of the flight, which could then be modified if necessary?

~S~ Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sid, would it be possible on the x52 to map the three modes to takeoff/general/landing? If so, presumably you would be able to give yourself a suite of general settings for each part of the flight, which could then be modified if necessary?

~S~ Jabo

It is, yes. That is similar to how I had my X45 set up before replacing it with the X52. Mode 1 was for takeoff and landing as the control use was similar, Mode 2 was for flying (general and combat) and Mode 3 was for level bombing (when I used it!!) and special things like the guided rockets. I used that setup for ages. With the X52 I use mode 1 for pretty much everything and use the other modes for things that require guaranteed separation ie bailout.