Sound Snafu,

Tonar

OK, you know the old saying. " If it ain't broke, Don't fix it"

Well my sound went all Wonky on me this last week. I can not stop my mic from comming out of the speakers. which lead me to notice that only one of my speakers are working. with continued trouble shooting I found out that I no longer have volume control through software. and my IL2 Vanilla didn't sound correct :-\.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Tonar, check when the last system point was taken at. it could be set back further than other other stuff you've added, in which case you'll have to do those again as well.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hopefully all is not lost.... :-\

Try this, I have had Creative "Soundblaster" issues in the past. Download the drivers ONLY for your soundcard from the manufacturers site and save them somewhere easy to get at. Uninstal all the Creative sound drivers and associated Creative software through "Add/remove programs" and clean the registry with something if possible. Reboot and go for a fresh install of the drivers only. The other Creative stuff is ok but isn't always necessary and can always be added on later.

Here's hoping....

• 1. DDz Quorum

:(

Are you using the "Soundblaster" instead of the onboard sound?

If you are, has the onboard sound been disabled in the BIOS? It may be worth checking this just in case whatever sent your sound haywire also switched the onboard back on. If this happened, the "Soundblaster" driver won't install properly and comes up with an error during startup.

• 2. Administrators

BTW - my PC will not allow me to restore anything for some reason. I picked a backup point and then it tells me it can't restore that point and to check another. None of them work.

I know my problem, but can't fix it yet.

I need to be able to control my soundcard software!! Because it sure as hell doesn't know what to do. It is the sound blaster live software not running.

I am also in the 10 sec countdown to my family beginning to arrive for my wedding to my Fly Fishing sweetie :-*

so most of this is going on the back burner soon. :-\

My main concern was not being able to show my Father IL2 (with sound) I have the game playable but Comms are a no go still.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey Tonar you old dog (sorry!)

You slipped that one in under the wire.......

many congratualtions mate, I can still get the red-eye if you would like me to do the service......

• 2. Administrators

You could try this if you have the time. Download and install the latest SB software from creative over the top of what you already have, then remove the lot, and reinstall the downloaded sw a second time - that might allow you to remove the faulty installation and replace it with a good one.

~S~ Jabo

PS Congrats on the upcoming nuptuals m8 - all the best to you both.

• 2. Administrators

Never one to be put down by some minor issue - here's another option. Download and run ccleaner from here:

Make sure you also run the registry cleaner (when it prompts you to backup the registry first I suggest you do - just in case). Then try to uninstall the sw from the ccleaner 'options' tab.

I suspect there are stub or corrupted files kicking around which are screwing up your attempts to uninstall the sw.

~S~ Jabo

PS When that doesn't work let me know

• 2. Administrators

Hmm, you might be down to format and reinstall of windaz m8

~S~ Jabo

PS So you'll be making an honest woman of Laura, but is she doing anything about you? ;D. Either way all the best...