Can you beat my tenuous claim to fame?

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

My Brother and Sister-in-law were in New York last week and were photgraphed by the "New York Times" for an article in their resaurant review section.

They are the couple sitting right by the window...

http://events.nytimes.com/2008/04/09/di ... ref=dining

beat that if you can.......

my only 3 brushes with fame are a picture of me standing next to geoff Tate from queensryche; I was in a lisa loeb music video and my uncle was on the red sox. He came up from the minors and was best friends with carl yastremski.

Woo hop, yippee LOL

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Colin,

Got this pic of me at the "Top Gear" track with the fastest ever lap time road car,(Ascari A10 , 1min 17.3sec).

Clarkson is at the back of the car and the "Stig" is the other side of the Ascari ,(the one with the hood)

~S~ Brainless

38_f09a98b6fbf80e932c96a5042a026a77

Ok, I just thought about this right now.

I've driven Gen. Lewis MacKenzie (UN Commander in Bosnia, 1991-1992) around as his personal staff car driver for a day.

I've shaken the hand and spoken with Gen. Hammerbeck, commander of the Desert Rats, 1991 Gulf War.

I've held the Stanley Cup, brought to my work by Glenn Anderson on the 1987 Oilers - the company had sponsered him for $1000 per playoffs goal scored. He got 14 goals.

Sorry, I have no track.....

Being a hotel guy though I get to meet tons of big wigs.

Had drinks with Sting and the rest of the Police.

Met Nelson Mandela in Toronto at my hotel which was cool.

One of the best was breakfast with Paul Henderson (you non-Canadians won't know who he is).

I was like "I can't believe I'm having breakfast with Paul Henderson"

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

I would have expected you JP, to have "fluffed " more famous people than most of us M8 !! LOL ;)

Pete: 1100hp in an Exige !!!! They are monster quick standard because they only weigh the same as a damp pair of underpants ! LOL

Chris: yes that is a damp patch , fast cars get me over excited ! LOL

Dave: The Stig has driven for Ascari in GT2 races which is probably why it only took him one out lap before he set the fastest time.

Pete: 1100hp in an Exige !!!! They are monster quick standard because they only weigh the same as a damp pair of underpants ! LOL

Yeah, I know - that's why the Exige's and M250's are so nice even with just a Toyota 1.8L engine.

It'll be a heavily modified car; wider, etc., but it's amazing how light they can make an engine these days.

They're expecting 0-60 of 2.5s - I don't know what they expect for handling, but I expect that you won't feel the road as well as in an Elise or Exige....

How about this then?

The guy is the middle is Bruce Leitzke, winner of 13 events on the PGA tour. The others are members of the Canadian Open Golf Championship organizing committee. I was Chairman of Ticket Sales for the Canadian Open for about 10 years before I absconded with the funds. I have similar pictures taken with Curtis Strange and Peter Oosterhuis also winners of the Canadian Open.

Bruce-Leitzke.jpg