BATTLE OF D-DAY FBD SESSION PROPOSAL

DoubleTap

K9 SQUADRON’S BATTLE OF D-DAY

Announcing the first K9 Squadron Battle Night.

Proposed Evening Friday, JUNE 6th - The 62nd Anniversary of D-Day

7:00pm EST – 10pm EST (Orientation map opens at 6pm EST for connection tests and shakeout).

A 3 hour battle of skill, strategy and will. Every kill counts. Every loss hurts. Work together or die alone!

3 - 1 Hour Combat Sessions Depicting Battles of D-Day

Operation Chattanooga Choo Choo-

In preparation of the Great Invasion, Allied strike aircraft try to cripple the railway system in occupied France, while also forcing the Luftwaffe into aerial combat. Can the Germans instead inflict heavy losses on the Allies while keeping the railway supply lines open?

The Longest Day

Invasion day. Allied aircraft fly in support of troops of the free nations as they storm the beaches of Normandy. Can German planes inflict sufficient damage on Allied shipping while avoiding crippling losses to themselves?

Breakout

The Allied armies have grown immensely in strength and are readying for breakout, but the Axis are dug-in, in difficult terrain and desperate to keep the Allies hemmed in. Both sides attempt to destroy enemy ground forces while watching for enemy fighters.

We need an equal number of pilots for the Allied and Axis teams. Pledge your allegiance now. (We may need to shift players based on responses and eventual attendance).

Well now I can't Fly :cry:

No just Kidding, I'm Still in.

Wait a min. I'm not sure if I have Joint Ops that friday :?

I know my MEPS class is on the 4th & I start Basic on the 7th.

Oh well I'll find out

Shucks :cry:

I'm in. Would prefer allied, but will fly axis as well. Any idea on planes available?

I am working on this now, but I am trying to make it (somewhat) historically accurate. I will send out a preview this weekend. I will have to fudge things for playability purposes.

Also, will this be 4.04 or 4.05?

It will depend whether the FBD can run a 4.05 game. I have not tested this out, but will do so today. I will let everyone know the results today.

Well now I can't Fly :cry:

No just Kidding, I'm Still in.

Wait a min. I'm not sure if I have Joint Ops that friday :?

I know my MEPS class is on the 4th & I start Basic on the 7th.

Oh well I'll find out

Shucks :cry:

Well, it is a only proposed date, but I would like to keep it from intefering with normal fly days and would like to do it when the largest number of people can participate. Let's leave it for the 9th, and we'll see how many people have conflicts. We could also start it earlier, but that might not work for some people's schedules.

The minimum we should have for this to make it worthwhile would be 12 people, six on a side. I would prefer getting 8-10 pilots on a side.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Pencil me in, tentatively :lol:

I may be re-employed by then and it could be a long commute, however if I am still 'resting' then I up for whichever side needs balancing as I have no preference for Axis or Allied.

I might be out completely,

If the Electrical workers Union strikes:argue:, Then I have Strike Duty 6 days a week from 8:00am-8:00pm to cover thier work.

and I will Miss my Joint Ops. :x

I will not know until after the 29th.

I might be out completely,

If the Electrical workers Union strikes:

Damn Unionist Swine!! (shakes fist)

I hope you are spared that and can join us, and who knows, we might change the date depending. I am going to start a list of people who are in, and then put in on the board to keep track.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I'm scheduled for Joint Ops at 7pm CST, maybe afterwards and there's a chance I may go with the European Class if they have one. That would free up the evening.

Pooka

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Gentlmen , I'd love to be in but I'm working Teusday and Wednesday 6th, 7th days!

0000Hrs untill 0300Hrs flying wouldn't nomally be a problem but with work the next day ??

I'll see if we have enough blokes on duty for me to have the Tuesday off.

Best I can do chaps.

~S~ Painless

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ , ah yes just noticed that post !! and got an email saying the 9th lol

OK well I'm on a night shift then so its even worse !! (bloody work is the curse of the gaming classes !)

Once again, I'll see what I can do.

~S~ Painless

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Amost forgot , Allied :- Mk IXc Clipwing Spitfire, (with brown leather seat ,yellow/green paint, a large cup holder and CD multi changer) please . Oh yes , AND MAKE IT SNAPPY !!!!!!!

~S~ Painless

• 1. DDz Quorum

looks like i may be in (flying axis) told the wife special night, 62nd anniversary, blah blah, the only comment i got was to be quiet on the mic! apparently i talk too loud to you guys! she has not heard psycho and does not realise what it takes to get a word in!

mission request

aaa - not to heavy/much please, even the smallest units seem deadly.

looking forward to a plane set. have done a bit of reasearch myself came up with b17/b24/a20/p47/mossie/tempest/beaufighter.

not much for axis 109g/ju88's

it seems the allied had them pinned down so much by june 6 that they flew fewer than 300 missions over the d-day period.

S!

the luftwaffe would historically have Me109 G6 s and FW190 A8s in the area including those of Pips Priller of JG26 and Ju88s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Priller

for the allies see here for units, planes etc

http://www.raf.mod.uk/dday/units.html

And thus the reason I nominated Dave for Intelligence officer. Can I pick 'em or what? Thanks Dave!

I'm in. Would prefer allied, but will fly axis as well. Any idea on planes available?

Also, will this be 4.04 or 4.05?

The DF server software has not (to my knoweldge and from what I see on Ubi) been upgraded to 4.05m, so it will have to be 4.04m Gents.