back to my childhood- model kit finished-pics

delta7

My kids gave me a i/48th kit for christmas. Its been about 30 years since I last done these so had to get all the gear and paint etc. Its not as good as I hoped, the paint went on a bit thick and some of the decals arnt quite right but not bad for a first attempt.

The kit was a revell spitfire IX / XVI. I built the XVI version, which was the american built merlin version of the IX, and had planned to get decal sets to mark it up as 603 city of edinburgh squadron. 603 and 602 flew these at the end of the war in operation big ben against the V2 sites in holland and as TAF. Unfortunatly I was not quite happy with the paint so decided to just built it from the box as one of the Polish squadrons. I built it with only slight weathering and have to thank Painless for his encouragement and waldo for the refrences.

I have learnt a few leasons and plan to get a Me109 or FW 190 next to complement this one- Ill thin the paint a lot more and get a dedicated decal set as I think this will make it better.

anyway here it is

model1.jpg

model3.jpg

model2.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum
And I just bought a church where I can worship myself in

I wondered why you had not been attending the church in the village BG, and there was me thinking that 3:00pm was too early in the day for you to be up and about.

Nice work M8. Aircraft are tough and you pulled that one off nicely :). When I was still building I stuck mostly to ground vehicles as any major screw-ups are much easier to hide; it's very difficult to get away with hanging a duffel bag off the side of a Spitfire, but it works fine on a Sherman.