DangerDogz Move To Discord For Main Comms - Please Vote / Comment ×

We need to talk...

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum
23 minutes ago, Friar said:

@Sid - don't know if you have watched the DCS 2024 and beyond video but the corsair and hellcat plus carriers and Japanese planes are coming....at some point

I have looked and it does look good. My interest now though is very much going to be something away from WW2, hence 'Cold War' and 'Vietnam' eras in DCS albeit on non relevant maps. At the moment the map situation isn't a problem for me but a dedicated Korea sim with Corsairs, early jets and potentially Bearcats, Tigercats, A26 Invaders, Sea Fury, Skyraider is what would do it for me. A DCS Skyraider and a Vietnam map would also definitely float my boat.

while BoX is dropping in numbers, I would like to keep one night dedicated to BoX ,either Tuesday or Sunday for the ones who still want to fly, I dont mind swopping one for the DCS  if that suits the majority.

I still dont think dcs is the answer, too many planes/map combinations and often different eras on same maps and no co-ops.

• 5 months later...

I note that the new improved Korea sim isnt generating any interest with the Dogz. I dont think I will bother with it or the Odessa map and collector planes if there isnt more interest in the GBS series. It looks to me like the new shiney toys coming for DCS will kill off GBS for the Dogz. Who else feels the same?

• 2. Administrators
3 hours ago, Crash said:

I note that the new improved Korea sim isnt generating any interest with the Dogz. I dont think I will bother with it or the Odessa map and collector planes if there isnt more interest in the GBS series. It looks to me like the new shiney toys coming for DCS will kill off GBS for the Dogz. Who else feels the same?

I've felt that way for about 2 years, but yes i agree with you crash.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Would GBS be willing to loose Tuesdays and we move DCS to Tuesday from Monday?

That would enable Crash to play also Perf with his new super computer is getting into DCS.

We have a solid group attending on Tuesday for Box, if you want to move this then, considering we had a recent vote on this matter, I think it would only be fair to get agreement from Petrol, Mossie, Perf and myself, it may be that Tuesday suits this group.

I understand the wish  to increase interest in DCS but it shouldnt be at the expense of the guys who are primarily interested in BoX

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DD_Fenrir said:

What About Sunday's Delta?

Could we make it a DCS event except when you want to run a BoX event?

Just trying to get as many people flying what they want when they want....

Fen, Its the same issue, the same people who fly tuesday , fly Sunday, if you want a change then it is only fair to get permission from the BoX group. If it was a straight choice I would always keep Sunday BoX, it always has been and we get good turnout for event.

@ Friar. No problems .

I have no issue with trying to get what is best for group.  I understand the need to keep folk interested and to support what you want to fly, only issue is that we have such a small number of active flyers that any change could really impact one set.

We would need a good DCS turnout to make it work. How many would/could turn up on a regular basis. As Delta says we get 4 or 5 on GBS nights but we usually go to a public server (no map & icons) which I am non to keen on and I feel that the numbers are too low for meaningful coops because of big maps and if you die then it could be a long wait before you fly again.