Found It

Lol, Jack.  I've avoided listening to the news on this after hearing a Journo on one of our god-awful radio news channels speculate that it could have landed at a secret airfield in central Asia. :angry: 

Whatever happened to the poor souls on board, make no mistake - Flight MH370 sleeps with the fishies.  

I am beginning to feel less confident it simply crashed, I just can't believe that no trace of debris has been spotted, the only way to avoid debris is to perform a perfect ditching on calm water........this really is one of the strangest air incidents.

I just can't believe that no trace of debris has been spotted,

I think the problem is spotted by who?  The possible search area seems huge.  One of the busiest sea lanes in the world runs through the area but once you get south of that then you're into a lot of empty ocean.  I can't see this thing making a landfall in central Asia.  It would have had to fly through Chinese/Indian/Pakistani/Afghan airspace.  Thats a lot of sensitive and alert military radar.

This is also a fairly sensitive area politically.  Lots of possibililties for loosing face and lots of possibilities for giving away to your not so friendly neighbours the extent of your military radar and surveillance capabilities.

Edit;  just checked out the BBC News Online.  They have a "Ten theories of what happened" story running.  Talk about lazy journalism :rolleyes:

They may as well ask freaking Raaaaid too!

I just can't believe that no trace of debris has been spotted,

I think the problem is spotted by who? 

to be honest the US are probably taking it upon themselves to search for this thing, so surveillance satellites could be being employed heavily, until this thing is found some of the weirder theories about it being hidden for future use to carry a nuke to the US have weight.

My guess is wormhole sucked it in (which is created by little green) and will return in distant future to repopulate Earth after devastating atomic war which is due btw in few months USA vs. Russia over Ukraine crisis. How about that weird theory???

p.s. i mean no disrespect to people on board just got lifted by shrouding mystery....

• 2. Administrators

Apparently the sortie by an Australian P-3 Orion maritime reconnaisance aircraft to an area of the Southern Ocean where 'flotsam' was spotted in satellite photos taken on the 16th has not found any signs of the missing airliner. The RAAF have called off the search overnight, but have said that they're sending three Orions to the area at first light tomorrow. Unfortunately when considering rates of drift and currents etc any wreckage is likely to be hundreds of miles from the location in the photos. In one of the first sane moves I heard in this story the Aussies have dropped data buoys at the location to mesaure drift rates.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have been following this with great interest also....IMHO. I think the theory of a fire amongst the electrics and subsequent toxic smoke taking the crew and passengers out leaving the aircraft to fly on until the fuel ran out seems to tick more boxes than most.

The conflicting and confusing information release was perhaps caused by various attempts to arse cover over the last two weeks ?

Mick.

Even that one has big holes, in the event of fire the crew can go on oxygen, if they were overcome by fumes before they could notice then it doesn't explain the change of course which really seems like a deliberate action, technically they should have flown all the way to destination on the autopilot following the LNAV profile, if the fire was serious enough then it's unlikely the aircraft would have flown until tanks dry, this really is one of the most mystifying incidents.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I've read those points being discussed Bongo and one chap who was also a multi pilot said that in his opinion it would be possible for a fire to take out the ACARS (is that right ?) system and the radio so that it flashed up on the dash then the pilot would throw the circuit breakers to turn them off , perhaps attempt to land at the nearest safe airfield ?

He proposed that fumes either took them out or made them exit the cockpit while they were still in the process of changing course leaving the plane to fly on in whatever state it was left in.

He quoted another example of a previous case where a build up of fumes in a cockpit caused the crew to have to leave and shut the door behind them because it happened so quickly. I think in that case it was the front tyre smouldering that was the cause.

Like you say so many events would have to happen in the correct order, for that to be what happened.

Does something like this seem more likely to you than terrorism or a political statement on the part of the pilot ?

Mick.

My guess is wormhole sucked it in (which is created by little green) and will return in distant future to repopulate Earth after devastating atomic war which is due btw in few months USA vs. Russia over Ukraine crisis. How about that weird theory???

p.s. i mean no disrespect to people on board just got lifted by shrouding mystery....

Sort of. They are travelling in a tangent universe untill sombody (the living reciever) repairs the corrupted primary universe. Or, maybe, it was the other way around.

Sort of. They are travelling in a tangent universe untill sombody (the living reciever) repairs the corrupted primary universe. Or, maybe, it was the other way around.

Bloody hell!  Sweper is Raaaaid :pottytrain1:

permanent on my bedside table:

imgBookLanding.jpg

I am sharing a room with him!

Last week I forked out a little over - deep breath - £4K on LHR to PER return x 5 for later this summer.  If I make Duxford before we go then it'll be camping with ATAG Lewis and co.  I could always bring my little pup tent for Swep.  We could put it up in the hotel carpark!

• 4 weeks later...

There is one other largely unknown example of an airliner disappearing.  This one was a good condition ex American Airlines jet that was chartered to central Africa.  The pilot and mechanic was then "persuaded" to stay on for quite some time (months), rather than immediately return as was the plan, flying the plane for the new operators.  Of course, it was allowed to deteriorate ridiculously.  Then, after sitting on a ramp collecting dust (and weeds), someone, they aren't sure who, came along and started getting it back to flyable (note I did not say "legally airworthy") condition.  One day, it fired up its engines, taxied to the end of the runway, took off without clearance, and disappeared to the west over the South Atlantic.  A search of the pilot's movements turned him up missing, with little if any evidence that he was at all involved in the disappearance of the aircraft.  The original charter owner (in the southern US as I recall) claimed (and I believe got) the insurance for the aircraft, and that was that.  It hasn't been seen since.  The restructuring of the aircraft as a "tanker" with massive internal fuel bladders that were, as I recall fed into the fuel system, mean that the thing had a ridiculous range, at least in theory.  That meant that despite being a short range 727 in theory, in practice, it could fly the Atlantic in one go, something that troubled the US, thinking it could be used in another attack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N844AA