Beer (The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly)

Kira

What have you tried recently that was really good, kinda bad, or downright ugly?

Big Eddie    Russian Imperial Stout  "Dark and complex with 11 different malts and grains balanced by three different hops."

It's sweet, not hoppy, dark, and very flavorful.  A really good beer... and I'm not a beer drinker.  (I got it from a friend: "Hey, try this!")

Big Eddie makes several others, among them a Scots Ale that is pretty good too.  I still prefer the Russian, though I haven't tried the third yet.

• 2. Administrators

Ah-ha! A beer thread - that's a new idea (and a good one!). Never heard of Big Eddie so I'll have to look that one up. Of the smaller breweries that I prefer, Shepherd Neame (Kent) for the rather fab Spitfire Ale (isn't it though) and Adnams (Norfolk) for the equally fab Broadside.

Jabo

i'm e big beer fan but unfortunately do not have the vocabulary to describe my thoughts right. f/e what is fab beer? i found Stipfire somewhat week. that how i'd describe it. The red expensive one we had in 2011 in that Indian or Pakistan restaurant was good. but i can not drink not cold beer, and waiter said that this beer is used warm. 

also, a  lager one we had in Red Lion was good. do not know what it was.

Beer writer Michael Jackson (not the singer) written once that only strong, dark beers should be taken at room temperature (i'd still take it cold). Most Beers are served cold (7 - 9 °C) with up to 13°C for regular British ale (but i'd still take it cold)

but. at the very end, tastes should not be discussed. one that likes warm beer should say "i like warm beer" and no "u should take warm beer"