Dogsford 2013 Bg Memorial Virtual Air Show

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute,

As you may have read (and seen), I announced at Duxford that I would like to put on the BG Memorial Virtual Air Show again.

I have penciled in Sunday 6th October. (please see post further down relating to this date, I have had one N/A already) At the time of planning the SEOW was not running so I will need to have a chat with a few people ;)

I would like people to pick a plane to display to represent the type of things that we see at Legends Air show.

Your display need only be a maximum of 5 minutes-8 minutes.

How about pairing / grouping up to show off a type or line of production?

I have attached the Dogsford map so you can practice.

Any questions please post here.

@Gec - Perhaps you would like to invite some of your Varp members to join in?

Pilot(s) and Display Aircraft (not a running order just a list at this stage)

1. Ovy - LA5 FN

2. Fenrir - P38 (I assume)

3. Fenrir & BlueBear (BlueBear & Fenrir - not sure about billing order!)

4 .Snacko - HS129

5. BlueBear

6. FT & Jabo - B-17 & P-47

7. Jabo - Beaufighter

<more can be added if required>

Happy to take to suggestions for style / content, I have had one request for permission to drop ordnance already!

Friar

Edit 1 - for Date correction

Edit 2 - I have changed the map for practice. I have added a white light to designate where the viewing point will be to assist you plan your display

Dogsford2013-Practice.mis

Dogsford2013-Practice_ru.properties

• 1. DDz Quorum

hmm, dc-3 pair with cargo and para drop, p-47 and b-17 pair??? Decisions, decisions.

Actually, snafu for me! Anyone want to fly sally-b?

Yeah. Sure! 

Me, please!

(You'd have to use some bullets though, to get one engine smokin' - out of sight of the audience mind you.)

In general: are we going Full Real? As in... take off from DX whilst previous member is doing his routine, circle, form up and whatnots, come in for show, and land again?

We'd be needing a show-coördinator for that... and a commentator  :shaunhb:

• 2. Administrators

I dunno FT, with my...erm...questionable gunnery, I'd be more likely to cut your wing off than take an engine out. Perhaps you should just stop and feather one engine. I think correct one would be the port inboard.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I dunno FT, with my...erm...questionable gunnery, I'd be more likely to cut your wing off than take an engine out. Perhaps you should just stop and feather one engine. I think correct one would be the port inboard.

Good thinkin'.... Port inner, that's number two isn't it?

But... we'll be at low level... Somehow, I got bad feelings regarding switching off engines at low level... can't remember where I got that from. :shaunhb:

• 2. Administrators

But... we'll be at low level... Somehow, I got bad feelings regarding switching off engines at low level... can't remember where I got that from. :shaunhb:

Y'know what FT? I might just cut your wing off after all. :bow: You very funny man. :thumbsu:

More seriously, could I suggest that the Dogzford map go up on the dogfight server for practices and suchlike?

Jabo

EDIT - Could we also have some clarification on the date please Colin - I can do the 3rd but not the 6th so don't want to leave my erstwhile wingman in the lurch.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Confirmation of date:     Penciled in date of SUNDAY 6TH OCTOBER

but could be moved to another weekend date if lots of people cant do it. I cant do mid week as I can not guarantee my work schedule 

@FT - I was planning to act as ATC by running Teamspeak on a separate laptop so that I can watch the game and switch channels to talk to people...think it would be cool, 

• 1. DDz Quorum

(...)

@FT - I was planning to act as ATC by running Teamspeak on a separate laptop so that I can watch the game and switch channels to talk to people...think it would be cool, 

That'd sure be very cool.

(I was thinking that using the 'use stationary aircraft as spawn points' would be good.

Place all the contenders' aircraft on the base, headed in the correct direction for take off, or line up or whatever...

You spawn in your own aircraft, then go to the watch the show-camera position.)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Pilots Brief #1

My plan is (thanks for the idea FT) to have the planes people will be flying ready for spawn in. You will be directed to take off, ahead of your display ala-duxford.

So all pilots should have this in mind for their display.

• 2. Administrators

ooo, ooo, anyone up for a Blenhamster/Beaufighter pair? OK, strictly neither have been seen in the air for a while, but we do see them annually all the same! mmm big Bristols, mmm...

Unless I can only have one aircraft at this shindig (sad face)

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Found thé skin for Sally-B, it is missing the checkered cowling on the starboard inner engine, but it's all fine otherwise.

B17G_Sally B.bmp

P-47G Thunderbolt 'Snafu' (Farewell appearance) - Jabo

B-17G Fliegening Fortress 'Sally B' - FT

Just need an appropriate skin for the Fort now