Video Card Question

APHill

Hi,

I am going to get a new video card soon. I have been considering a
GeForce GTX 770. My question is, what manufacture is the one to buy. ASUS, ZOTAC, EVGA,
GIGABYTE, etc. (Maybe it makes no difference)
The EVGA seems to be the one I hear about more often, but my hearing isn’t all that good!
Thanks for any input.
AP

• 2. Administrators

Look for the most onboard ram, fastest clock speeds for core and ram and warranty against price. Less so the actual make. Most makes do super overclocked versions of there cards. They're what i always look for.

Thanks for the replies guys. I am going for this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125463

Which is:

GIGABYTE GV-N770OC-2GD GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card -Overclocked edition with WINDFORCE 3X/2 Slot 450W Fan Sink

Sound Ok?

More than 2 gigs? I've never seen one with more than 2. Could you give me a link for one with more?

I'd be very interested. I haven't bought it yet. I am open to suggestions for sure.

• 2. Administrators

More than 2 gigs? I've never seen one with more than 2. Could you give me a link for one with more?

I'd be very interested. I haven't bought it yet. I am open to suggestions for sure.

out of stock at the moment, but a 4 gig version of the same card you were looking at, $50 more,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125462

might have to look around a bit, because all the 770's that are 4gig seem to be sold out at the moment at newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600030348%20600451269%20600451260&IsNodeId=1&name=GeForce%20GTX%20770

By the way, when i said 2 gigs is pretty low, i should of said standard really. But if i was buying myself a new card to last for a while, i would want the higher specs to future proof it for that bit longer, and with flight simming and big textures being thrown at your card, on-board ram vid ram is good.

Thanks for all the input. Now I have to make a decision.........Oh no! a decision!!

I think I’ll go for door number 2.... Err, I mean I think I'll wait a bit to see if that 

GeForce GTX 770 4GB becomes available in a week or so. Don’t know if I can stand to wait much longer than that, as I am getting really interested in CLOD! 

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the posts here.

As soon as I fired up BOS I figured it was time for a new card, running an Intel i7-2600k at 3.4 Ghz and a  GTX 260 vid card now(says 896 Mb memory) and getting at best 40 FPS in BOS with lowest settings...... never less than 60 in IL2 46(usually over 100)

Just ordered this at $329:

EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 4GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0 (x16), 1x Dual-Link DVI-D, 1x Dual-Link DVI-I, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11.1, SLI, Dual-Slot, ACX Cooler, (04G-P4-2768-KR)

Of course the tax adds 15% but I figured if my wife can ask for a $400 purse as a gift I should feel no guilt. Or rather a $150 purse with a $250 label.

I never will understand victims of fashion.

She needs a new anything when it's no longer in style. She has at least 20 wrist watches in a drawer.

I still wear the same Wenger (swiss army) watch she bought me when we married - 30 years ago.