Help - Joystick Is Dead -Recommendations Please

delta7

I had to bail last night as my joystick has died on me. My faithful old x-45 is spiking like crazy and I cant settle it down, fortunatlely Iv been good so Santa says I can get a new one early.

recommendations please - X-52 is what Im leaning towards

I was a Thrustmaster advocate from his 1st TM thru the cougar. The cougar turned out to be a huge battle that I finally gave up and after much research I bought the CH Fighterstick, Throttle, & Rudder pedals. I only wish I had done this many years before. Huge programming capabilities and I've had these for 4 or 5 years now with not a seconds' problem. The stick is very smooth and is just dead on all the time. The rudder pedals have toe brake capabilities. Plus a guy that I know has been involved with joysticks for decades, Bob Church, provides support and advice in the CH forum. You can find prescripted files to download for the flight sims or make/modify your own.

If your 52 or 45 throttle is still good, get the Microsoft stick. You will not regret it, I'm using three sticks including pedals. The Saitek 45 is my throttle, and the its stick and all the 52 are for straight button commands, and added axis.

Ignore the big screen it was a test today and it failed, Samsung 39" tv 1080p. I was too close to it and it ended up too grainy and it loaded trees in slower than may CRT, so I took it back. It was cool having the panel life size though, as I was hoping. Maybe in a couple more years they will have something out with higher resolution.

Going to research 27" monitors now instead. I'm hoping 1080 will not be grainy sitting so close to it like I do.

post-468-0-38010800-1354155523_thumb.jpg

Same here. I bought a x-52 pro and the pro is not worth the extra money in my opinion. It's only a little better than the normal one. Been using it for 5+ years. And it has 2 wheels and a slider on the throttle in addition to the normal x, y, and z axies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have finally got some feel back into the stick after months of playing with settings I inserted some spacers and tensioned the spring - much better now- should have followed Crashs advice months ago !!!