Msffb2 Replace It With?

Kira

It finally gave up the ghost. Quit working entirely some months ago (after on again off again that many of you probably remember), so I did a troubleshoot and came up with bad wires in the connection (wire) between the stick and the USB. Narrowed it down the the stress relief point just at the entry of the wires into the stick. I ended up doing surgery; cut out the bad wires (section, I was correct they had broken inside the stress relief point) and soldered them back to the ones going into the board in the stick. No luck, what had been an intermittent connection prior to this operation was now nonexistent. No recognition of the stick by the CPU whatsoever, no green light on the base. Nothing.

I've decided to set it aside, since I'm not really good at electrical stuff, and the only other thing I can think to do is replace the entire USB cable. Is this the next, and correct, course of action?

That's been the state of affairs for the past months, and one of several reasons I haven't been around. (Kinda hard to fly without a stick. Full deflection or nothing keyboard flying doesn't cut it.)

So what to replace it with? X-52s are out, I hate, hate, HATE that idiotic stick design, though the throttle's alright. I do like the weight the motors in the FFB's base give it and resultant stability. And am looking for something with similar weight, which seems to cut out just about everything else on the market... except another FFB2.

Am I busy answering my own question here? Hehe. It does sound a bit like it after GothKrieger's statement about them still being available.

Hum.....