Putting Faces to Names

Sloan

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are talking about the method the Marines use with the M-14 rifle. The H&K isn't really set up for that type of hold. The sling mounts on the side of the stock to make it easy for shoulder carry for long periods of time. Plus I didn't have a sling

I think you are talking about the method the Marines use with the M-14 rifle. The H&K isn't really set up for that type of hold. The sling mounts on the side of the stock to make it easy for shoulder carry for long periods of time. Plus I didn't have a sling

Unfortunately, when I moved from Illinois to NM, I had to sell all my modern assault rifles. I am limited to WW2 rifles now. M1 Carbines, M1 Garands, 1903 Springfields, and the semi-auto Thompsons. I only own one 9MM...the new James Bond pistol (Walther P-99). The rest are all .45ACP. and mainly 1911A1.

Here's me in 1968 in Nam.

DepinNam.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I've been told to make an intro post here...so this is it!!!

2850406940_4012e4cdd1_o.jpg

This would be me in the nearby town of Port Alberni, with a Martin JRM Mars.

My RL name is Paul and I'm forty...uh....three years old, born on the 20th anniversary of VE day in Wales. Emigrated to Canada as a toddler, lived all over the country. One relative was a linesman for the

Brit 8th Army in North Africa, another was an Able Seaman, his RN destroyer HMS Foresight was sunk underneath him in Operation Pedestal. My parents were both bombed by the Luftwaffe in Cardiff.

Married nearly 25 years, three grown kids. I live in a horrible little town on lovely Vancouver Island, probably moving back to Alberta sometime in the spring.

I'm a decent graphic designer, designing paper models for www.worldworksgames.com. Plug! Plug! Buy my crap! I also do consulting and graphics for a new movie channel that will hopefully launch soon. I'm also a

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Dogz!!! just wanted to introduce myself. I've flown with several of you and it's always been a fun experience, as well as enlightening. I've been lurking around here for awhile, trying to get a handle on what this Danger Dogz thing is all about. I've come to conclusion that, Hell, I should fit right in!!! ;) Anyway, I'm a musician (heavy rock) and a canine behaviorist in addition to being a warbird fanatic. I'm currently splitting my residence between North Carolina and Georgia, although sometimes I feel the urge to move to a cave in Antarctica. I've flown a little bit IRL; a collective nine hours in Cessna 172s, a 170, and a Tobago TB-10. Hopefully I'll have a private license one o' these days. I'm looking forward to swapping tracers with you all.

~S~!

1401071418_l.jpg