The Flying Legends Build Up!

BluBear

Hi guys,

For those interested in seeing the build up to Flying Legends here are some places to start:

This thread on the keypublishing forum

The official TFC blog

As of today (4th July) these are the notable happenings:

Fighter Collection P-40F - Arrived today and is awaiting assembly, can't wait to see it!

The Horsemen, arrival and assembly - Both Mustangs are now mostly assembled and looking sweeeet.

Buchon (Spanish 109) and Night Fighter F4U-5 Corsair arrival from Germany.

Hawker Fury (The ultra rare biplane!) assembled for the first time after 18 year restoration - unsure if it's going to be flying, but it'll be there all the same.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm excited, can you tell??!!

Let me just get my anorak on... Ahem...

There are two Nimrods at DX, a mk1 and a mk2.

Now there is a Fury also.

Just down the road at Old Warden you will find a Hind and a Demon.

Hawker bi-planes FTW! ;)

• 1. DDz Quorum

We've seen the Three Kestrels last year!

(Three Kestrel powered aircraft: Hawker Fury Nimrod II, Hawker Hind, Hawker Demon. Video of their display at Duxford Flying Legends, July 10th 2010.)

Edited: It's not a Fury in there, it's a Nimrod II!. Thanks BlueBear!

• 2. Administrators

Oh yes, I'd forgotten. Thanks FT.

Jabo

PS. On a slightly related note, just skimmed thru the keypublishing forum thread and it's nice to see all the sniping, backbiting and flaming is still in place. I swear I've never seen anywhere more full of moaning, whinging so and so's who never miss an opportunity to slag each other off - apart from ubi and 1c forums obviously.

@ FT

Sorry to be a pedant but that is the Nimrod II not the Fury along with the Hind and Demon. <_<

Three Kestrels all the same though :thumbsu:

@ Jabo

That is the reason I don't post there anymore. Over the past few years it's got worse and worse!

However, there are still a good few members who have a lot of interesting things to share, and for that reason I still 'lurk'.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Oops.... my bad...

(but ... in my defense... that French commentator talks about the Fury! Silly guy I guess...)

Never EVER believe the French commentator :laughing7:

Well, I'd like to suggest to take it a step further: Never ever LISTEN to the French commentator.... (I wish I could be partially deaf, to the French only, when they're in the UK, speaking frenglish...) :icon_cyclops_ani:

• 2. Administrators

I've only ever posted twice on the forum there, got flamed for one and ignored for the other, obviously not showing the proper deference to the old hands.

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Teaser for those who haven't been before... well, even if you have it'll get your juices flowing!

http://player.vimeo....2140?portrait=0

~S~ Tom,

Great little glimpse of what is to come, made me go all weak at the knees !

It says.... "there will be thunder" and "there will be lightning" and from what I've seen on Metcheck there may well be bloody rain to go with it !! :thumbsd:

Saturday afternoon still looks to be the best option though :thumbsu:

~S~ Painintheass.

• 1. DDz Quorum

It says.... "there will be thunder" and "there will be lightning" and from what I've seen on Metcheck there may well be bloody rain to go with it !! :thumbsd:

Saturday afternoon still looks to be the best option though :thumbsu:

~S~ Painintheass.

Weatherchannel, which I have found to be pretty accurate (unlike our dear old Met Office) have Saturday forecast to be good:

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Cambridge-CB24

• 2. Administrators

netweather.tv says Sunday will be better.

I suggest we do our usual and make the call tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Jabo

P.S. Much less windy on Sunday too, so better for the lightweight stuff.