Ultrapack 3.0 Rc3 Available

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

Have been looking into the (Rear) gunner issue, and it's definitely very much broken. RC3 appears to not have had this fixed.

Could not get a client to become a rear gunner. Whenever the client presses 'fly' he ends up in the list as being a pilot in some randome aircraft, while not showing 'Ready' status in the ready screen.

Next, I tried to swap the roles: Host rear gunner, client the pilot.

Very special effect. Outside view on the client/pilot pc did not show the host/gunner firing when he really was. Even, the gunner was shooting at the wingman's aircraft.

But, no dice. No visible damage to the wingman (viewed from the client/pilot computer.)

If the host is a gunner in an AI flown aircraft, it all works fine as it should, damage cán and will be done.

Should report this as a bug, but: looking in the bug report thread for RC3, Hades states regarding the Coop mission scoring issues (ie. Host not in list of scores)

"The co-op log problem is know. The eta for fixing this is un-known.

Best is to use a DF server.

Moreover we will support DF Server environment even more an move away from the old co-op one as we will announce a big Open-Source project for the DF Server, the UP Advanced DF Server that will change multi-player once and for all and utilize the full Df Server potencial combining Advanced Features like MDs, resource-management, AI trigger, Dynamic weather, etc...

So, that's pretty bad news, if this stays that way can throw out over 2000 coop missions as they can no longer be used with UltraPack. :confused3:

Jippie, hosting DF's, rinse & repeat all night long! :icon_cry:

4.11m FTW! :sheepsmile:

4.11m FTW! :sheepsmile:

+100%. Frankly, if they enabled 6DoF on the next official patch, I would'nt bother with mods at all. Yes, I accept they have brought a whole host of good things and the amount of work and dedication they represent is laudable, the fragmentation we now have, the sheer amount of farting around they now seem to require I think outweighs their benefits.

Bring it on Team Electric Chopper! :thumbsu:

I can’t download the RC3 patch.

The Game Front web page that the link takes me to, doesn’t load correctly and I get an ‘error on page’ message.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Trib,

I was having the same issue while selecting the download link on Gamefront. I fix the issue by "right clicking" the download button and selected "save target as:" and sent it to my UP3 folder. It downloaded fine at that point.

maybe try that?

I'm still having no luck downloading RC3.

I've tried it both at work and at my apartment, using both Internet Explorer and Fire Fox.

With Internet Explorer, when I go to the initial Game Front page, I get a message that the page is 'Done, but with errors on page'. Then I navigate to the page that says "If your down load does not begin, click here". After that, it doesn't matter if I left click or right click and select 'save target as', I get the following message:

"Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found."

With Fire Fox , it is the same story. I can left click or right click and still get a "File not found" message.

I'm not sure what is going on. I downloaded RC2 without any problem. But then I did downloaded RC2 from Mediafire, not Game Front.

I'l try to upload it to the vault trib, should be up in an hour or so. EDIT, didn't seem to work, can't seem to be able to upload it.

Got it, uploading to the Teamspeak filebrowser, just log onto teamspeak and right click the main lobby channel. There should be an option for "open file browser". Just click the file you want to download and it should download it for you.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Silly stuff this, I just discovered that another bug that was in 4.10m and was fixed in 4.10.1m is present in UP3 RC3 (maybe in RC1 and RC2 as well)

It's the one when in a coop a static ship is being hit and sinking, after it sank completely, it simply re-spawns.

Found this while looking at the Pearl Harbor alternative mission, the Japanese do sink them battleships, and the USA do sink a carrier, but if you let it run long enough, battle ship row looks like nothing ever happened there, and the Blue Carrier is happily sailing along again...

As for that PH alternative mission that failed to work in 4.10.1m, I found out it had an invalid height for the second waypoint of the F4F3's (0m).

Fixed that, so we can still use it some other time :-)

(BTW, that PHA mission with the waypoint error in it does run fine on UP3 RC3, no issue there... This stuff is now very close to make me go crazy)