New Car For Helen?

Blairgowrie

Helen and I went to test drive a Suburu Tribeca today

http://www.owensoundsubaru.com/ou/owen-sound-subaru/3384_2380/inv/2008SubaruTribeca/S11685A

It is a 2008 with 32,000 kms on it. Top of the line, leather interior, 3.6 litre with every option you can imagine. She would trade her 1.8 litre2003 Audio Quatro with 155,000kms for $6,000. The dealer is asking $27,000 for the Tribeca.

I think she will decide tomorrow.

All I know about Subaru's is that here in the UK they consistently win the customer satisfaction surveys for reliability/good dealership service. Nice butch-looking car there. A 3.6litre petrol auto. Wow. I bet they sell about six of those in the UK this year. Gas at my local garage is now £1.31 per litre!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused3:

I note there is plenty of room in the back with seats down for your Vietnamese gardening team to drug and sexually abuse JP on his next visit. :thumbsu:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Can't go wrong with this: "Rear spoiler: Wing" (An entire wing at yer six, all of the time!)

This is a bit doubtful: "Dual illuminated vanity mirrors" :hippy2:

Google "3.6L H6 24V MPFI DOHC" for Images, you'll find this engine type (Flat 6) is used in 911's :thumbsu:

I'd say, go for it!

Fuel tank capacity is a little low though, with 64 Liters...

(Petrol's EUR 1.63 / liter over here currently... :huh: )

All I know about Subaru's is that here in the UK they consistently win the customer satisfaction surveys for reliability/good dealership service.

Yep, same here (in this northern snowy rein-deer polar 4-wheel country). Can´t go wrong.

I have 2 scoobies , both imprezas , one old shape and one new shape and they are great cars. 4WD makes all the difference and the newer one has a low gear ratio selector for slippery conditions which helped this winter.

A bit expensive to service them as they only hold their value here with authorised dealer stamp but I would certainly recommend them

Never met a dissatisfied Subaru owner in my life.

I've never owned one, because of price.

For that money, I'd just soon pour more gallons in it and climb over top of them with a full size truck, for a lot less invested.

At least in this area I can

I have always liked the Subaru hatchbacks, but I wish they would get better mileage. My Toyota 4Runner is 10 years old with 115k on it, and it gets about 18mph. I want my next car to get at least 25mpg on the low side if I can fine one that I like.

Newer Subaru's are well built cars in general. I've heard one complaint from a Subaru Impreza WRX owner but I don't think mileage is something you should really consider when you drive a WRX STi...... I've never owned an Audi but I certainly have heard and experienced my share of problems with the Audi A4/A6 1994(?) onwards. Suspension geometry for the most part.

Is the Tribeca what we call Forester over here?

Newer Subaru's are well built cars in general. I've heard one complaint from a Subaru Impreza WRX owner but I don't think mileage is something you should really consider when you drive a WRX STi...... I've never owned an Audi but I certainly have heard and experienced my share of problems with the Audi A4/A6 1994(?) onwards. Suspension geometry for the most part.

Is the Tribeca what we call Forester over here?

The Tribeca is Suburu's high end model. The Forester is their entry level model.