Boards A Little Broken

B16Enk

• 1. DDz Quorum

Having carried out a fastidious test of the upgrade process on our proposed new host I plumped for the upgrade here.

As you have no doubt seen it has not gone well.

Dates are pooched.

Search is pooched.

Status updates are pooched.

I'm pooched...

Bear with us, I do have a backup and can fall back if required.. but I'd rather not!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Had to lookup that word "Fastidious:" in a dictionary: 'difficult to please; too careful about small and unimportant things'

Sounds to me you did good, tis the Dogz way ... ! :icon_cyclops_ani:

(And I can't find anything wrong 'round here, 'view new content' shows me new content, so all's fine!)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Pooched. Is that like bolloxed? :laughing7:

More like fucked in this case, at least that is how it felt @ the time I posted this!

Had to lookup that word "Fastidious:" in a dictionary: 'difficult to please; too careful about small and unimportant things'

Sounds to me you did good, tis the Dogz way ... ! :icon_cyclops_ani:

(And I can't find anything wrong 'round here, 'view new content' shows me new content, so all's fine!)

Hehehe, that is 'cos it has been fixed!

The company that provides the software are fantastic on support front!

• 1. DDz Quorum

I wouldn’t say its fix just yet.

I’m having great difficulty staying signed in. As I move from thread to thread I get kick and have to sign back in multiple times.

Me too.

So?

Many a dog gets kicked for no apparent reason...

• 1. DDz Quorum

Wish I could replicate it, I can go post to post no issue here personally.

When you go from one thread to another, exactly what are you clicking please?

• 1. DDz Quorum

OK I finally got kicked too, so I'll take it seriously now A_laughing_matter.gif

There was a link up top 'DangerDogz' that would take you back to the web home page (as opposed to the forum home page).

This bit is still broken, pending support fixing it.

So I removed it, that was causing a cookie change (I think) so fingers crossed it should be OK now.

Something has been wrong with my sig for the past few days as well. You can see that two of URL tags don't make a link. But, when I go to my profile and look at my sig there, it looks and works fine.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Something has been wrong with my sig for the past few days as well. You can see that two of URL tags don't make a link. But, when I go to my profile and look at my sig there, it looks and works fine.

I see that, if you look at your post here:

on our test boards

It works.

This is the maddening thing, except for it having newer posts that board is identical to here, and it is running 3.1 no problem!

I have asked what would be required to copy all files (except our downloads and gallery of course) and database entries from the test site to here.

No response yet, I guess they are very busy now with others having upgraded too.

Sessions seem to time out a bit quickly here too, I found myself logged out again after being on another site..

• 2. Administrators

Me too Rog, kicked time after time, can't switch between pages, says I have five pages of unread threads, etc etc etc. Oh, can't delete posts (mine) either...

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Me too Rog, kicked time after time, can't switch between pages, says I have five pages of unread threads, etc etc etc. Oh, can't delete posts (mine) either...

Jabo

Wish I could replicate it, I can go post to post no issue here personally.

When you go from one thread to another, exactly what are you clicking please?

Can I have specifics please?

Difficult to raise this as an issue if I cannot replicate.

Also, please tell me which skin you are using too.

I know there are some issues besides this, and still waiting for a response from InvisionPower Services.

• 1. DDz Quorum

OK looks like quick reply is broken too..

On the plus side:

New teensy icon when you hover your mouse over a topic:

post-284-017858500 1275515954_thumb.png

Click it and..

post-284-041485600 1275515971_thumb.png

That was the first post, you can also see the latest:

post-284-052939500 1275516002_thumb.png

• 1. DDz Quorum

I had to clear my cache just now, I think that is a must because there is new java script, plus styling has changed too.

Quick reply now works, and I was able to switch to full editor.

Please try that and report back, and check out my profile ;)

• 1. DDz Quorum

They are still working on it.

Didn't help that they emailed me, using an email address associated with another hosting account I had here that had expired.

Hosting company has really dropped the ball there, it was a reseller account and they failed to send out a reminder and just cut it off!

No great loss, I intended to drop it any way but...

As for perfesser, I guess he was using the old front page to find his way here. Switching it back on now.

• 1. DDz Quorum

The IPS Guru is beavering away right now, so please excuse any funkiness that may happen.

Doing a good job so far, I have seen some bits fixed already :)

If you see IPBAdmin logged on, that is an engineer doing his magic ;)