B25 comes to town...

JensenPark

• 2. Administrators

I think it's to do with the restoration work carried out on the aircraft to return her to 'original' spec vis the top turret which was removed while she was a 'camera ship' doing film work. In addition, she had different nose glazing, and a redesigned tail section.

Jabo

But wait! There's MORE!!!

Here's my pics;

Good gravy I look utterly insane in that picture. INSAAAANNE!!

Probably my best shot, shoulda taken more of that angle.

closeup.jpg

Landing just as the sun was slipping below the horizon at the end of a VERY long flight, the crew looked really tired.

land-enlarge.jpg

A wider view.

land-sunset.jpg

It taxied in slowly, guided by museum personnel.

park-taxi.jpg

park-turn1.jpg

park-sticks.jpg

park-last.jpg

park-last.jpg

front-good.jpg

late-sideview.jpg

park-mike.jpg

Thanks JP for the great tip!!

So, Kelly send sme an email about this plane coming into the city, and invites me up to dinner with the crew, the local aviation museum, and the local RCAF squadron association. Of course I can come!

Fantastic evening, Kelly! Thanks alot! I'm not sure how much you guys know just how much of a supporter Kelly is of Canadian aviation, but damn I'm impressed with his efforts! Kudos, mate! You do our vets proud!

Oh, but the way - did I mention that I got to sit next to this guy during the whole dinner and talk shop with him?

Click me... (the top guy on the list, Lee.

Wow! Fantastic bloke to meet! Working right now on a beautiful restoration of a Mk IX Spit at Duxford.

Thanks again, Kelly!

I would like to echo some of the comments about JP's support of the vets. Really quite outstanding and so generous with his company's money. I remember well the day we went to see the Halifax restoration and he sprung for a great breakfast. The team working on the restoration treated us like kings although Kelly was obviously a Queen! :rolleyes:

Well done m8. You are a credit to the the Squad.

:bg: