It's 1945...

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Did you have a little 'man-wee' in your pants when you saw this?

Lol, no, but when you're thinking about the piston-engined fighter breed, the Sea Fury is definitive. Plus at 570km/h and 35m altitiude I was too busy.

Incidentally, this is not a WIP mod. This is complete but unfortunately not fully compatible with the AAA UI (due to changes to the buttons file).

Jabo

The buttons file from specialaircraftservice.com contains everything from AAA and a few other sites (Ultrapack, Check-6, HSFX, etc.). I have used it for a few weeks with no problems and some mods not available on AAA.

http://specialaircraftservice.com/sas/index.php/topic,188.0.html

You will probably also need the Soundpatch from there until the universal sound mod becomes available in the next couple of weeks from AAA. No big deal there.

SeaFury FTW!

Uh, oh. I see a conflict going on here.

2 separate modding communities in competition with each other for our downloading needs? Could spell trouble.

I hope that this does not cause any loading problems or issues in COOPs.

Uh, oh. I see a conflict going on here.

2 separate modding communities in competition with each other for our downloading needs? Could spell trouble.

I hope that this does not cause any loading problems or issues in COOPs.

especially if one of those downloads gives the ability to modify existing flight models..............

• 2. Administrators

Rest assured Rattler, this is a completely different install to my Coop-ing one. I have no intention of pushing to add the Sea Fury to our mods as the problems I think it will cause outweigh the benefits of having the best piston-engined fighter EVER in the game. 570 km/h in level flight? Sheesh.

Jabo

Does the AI plane CG correction actually exist? IS there any possibility that it is compatible with anything AAA? Kinda doubtful since much of the AAA stuff isnt compatible in house. Would be really nice to be able to actually fly most of the AI planes.

I keep seeing odd stuff happening at AAA, like VP media's stuff disapearing, and the SeA fury just as it was almost done. The P-80C just vanished kinda, and th eP-80A has some uncertain dnload sites that infected hell outta my older computer months ago.

As much as I like some of this stuff, we seem to be a way from most of the planes being anything other than a curiosity, as there is just so much incompatibility. Making a cmpn project more than a few can fly is nearly impossible at this point. The common squadron mod package is certainly the way to go, but it would sure be nice to try some new planes without fearing the crash problem.

Considering all the Korea jets and ohter stuff, that's frustrating. I had my new computer totally fried by a mod despite having everything backed up, and had to reload everything.

I hope some Steven Hawking brain can get this nightmare straightened out someday.

• 2 weeks later...