The Man Laws

• 2. Administrators

Orange? In an alcoholic drink that's not Pimms (at a push)? Oh dear. The thing is, you can't put fruit in proper ale. It'll dissolve. And a small umbrella? Why? Are the bar staff concerned it'll get wet?

Jabo

Only an odd number of olives in a martini please.

Presumably you'll want that shaken not stirred Mr Bond?

Shaking it screws up the drink and chips the ice. Bond is ordering a weak drink and being snooty about it

• 2. Administrators

If a newly-arrived young Whelp (not that young really...) can express an opinion, I'd suggest that proper beer - real ale - should taste slightly of orange marmalade. A pint of London Pride please.... :drunken_smilie:

Opinionate away AJW, the more real ale drinkers there are here the better...Post count 1 and it's about alcohol - I sense a true dog(z) in the making. Welcome aboard m8. You going to come and fly with us as well?

Jabo

It's certainly my intention to fly with the Dogz - In fact I think it might be the safest place for me, as I've been spanked today for being a bad boy on the Ubi forum (whimper). I've got to sort out an AAA mods installation of IL-2 (I've seen the help topics on this) , but if that is working, I'll try to join you all during the week...

Please feel free to sneak up on my six and fill me with holes, my SA is still a tad lacking so I'm cannon/.50 cal fodder

Men drink bourbon. The rest of you sissies can make all the rules you want. Men still drink bourbon.

I favour rye whiskey myself but it's close enough.

We also have big cars with lots of room for women, shotguns and all the other essentials.

I will admit though with the economy being what it is I've had to make some concessions. Toned down to a crossover(how come it used to be a station wagon?), traded the semi-auto for a pump and the wife stays home.

As for the rye ..... I still buy the good stuff. Some things are sacred.

That being said this is Canada, the only beer we have comes in a bottle or ... dare I say ... a can?

• 1. DDz Quorum
P.S. about to try installing AAA mods version of IL-2. Anyone within 20 miles of SW London may hear loud cursing sounds for the next few hours - If you hear nothing, I may be online tomorrow...

Andy, have a look at this: ChkMods 1.09: Tool to Check and Fix your modded installation.

It might come in handy should you run into issues after installing the AAA 1.1. mods...

FoolTrottel: thanks for that - it looks very useful. (can't find the clapping smiley....)

Tribunus: college in California in the '60's? I think that explains a lot...

I'm in the process of downloading all the AAA installer files now - hadn't realised how big they were, I suspect I'll break the internet soon, or at least bring down the national grid.

Back on topic - haven't had Newcastle Brown for many years - used to drink it in student bars, not that I was a student at the time. I don't know if there are decent 'real ale' brewers anywhere in the States. Probably not the demand, and it rarely travels well, so a bottled beer like Nukey Brown, or an Indian Pale Ale (brewed originally to send to the colonies) has got to be your best bet, if you do get a craving for the stuff. :occasion14:

I think I should stop writing about beer, as it is making me thirsty, and I'm supposed to be cutting down. :icon_sad:

LOL Andy, you'll fit in just fine around here. Trib, I agree that one has to forgive the college aged for just about anything (even drinking violations) so we'll let you slide on the tomato juice thing (but, just for the record....EEEEEWWWWW) As for the rye and scotch, I consider that a personal preference, not a violation. Whiskey is after all, whiskey.