Salutes Too all members

Smash

Damn, I was worried about that age limit stuff - wondered if I could subtract about 20 yrs for a moment. I figure if you're old enough to understand the basic history and be interested in military aircraft, you are old enough to fly sim combat on here. FYI, I was 11 the first time I fired an M-1 carbine, as well as an M-3 grease gun. So I figure you could do that and fly simulated combat with us old dudes who wish we coulda flown the real thing......and survive of course.

BTW, The only thing that kept me out of the USAF was getting diabetes when I was in college at 20. That kinda pissed me off. I get a slight taste of it in this sim though, but my ultimate fantasy is to be in your age group so I could give it another try someday.

I return your salute sir, sharply with a snap as it is supposed to be done.

Damn, I was worried about that age limit stuff - wondered if I could subtract about 20 yrs for a moment. I figure if you're old enough to understand the basic history and be interested in military aircraft, you are old enough to fly sim combat on here. FYI, I was 11 the first time I fired an M-1 carbine, as well as an M-3 grease gun. So I figure you could do that and fly simulated combat with us old dudes who wish we coulda flown the real thing......and survive of course.

BTW, The only thing that kept me out of the USAF was getting diabetes when I was in college at 20. That kinda pissed me off. I get a slight taste of it in this sim though, but my ultimate fantasy is to be in your age group so I could give it another try someday.

I return your salute sir, sharply with a snap as it is supposed to be done.

...but my ultimate fantasy is to be in your age group so I could give it another try someday. ....

Flying with the DDz Squadron could possibly be considered training someday since the future of the airforce seems to be with remote controlled Predator aircraft using hotas and monitors.

...but my ultimate fantasy is to be in your age group so I could give it another try someday. ....

Flying with the DDz Squadron could possibly be considered training someday since the future of the airforce seems to be with remote controlled Predator aircraft using hotas and monitors.

I agree to a great extent Snacko, as drones are gonna be a major weapon, and already are. But the concept that they will replace most human pilots is gonna go the way as the "missles make dogfighting obsolete" theory after the first war that uses that concept. Only people can adapt and improvise to the situation, as Niel Armstrong did on Apollo 11 when the original landing spot was inadequate and he had take over and find one as the computers wanted to abort (see my post on Apollo 11 - this was pointed out). THey got down to 11 seconds of fuel. Drones will get the most dangerous misns, like air defence suppression and penetrating heavily defended targets, or aiding the fighters that are. The radio signals that the controller uses will always face compromise, and AI is a century from being reliable enough to accomplish this in the face of determined opposition - Commander Data is what would be needed.

I agree to a great extent Snacko, as drones are gonna be a major weapon, and already are. But the concept that they will replace most human pilots is gonna go the way as the "missles make dogfighting obsolete" theory after the first war that uses that concept. Only people can adapt and improvise to the situation, as Niel Armstrong did on Apollo 11 when the original landing spot was inadequate and he had take over and find one as the computers wanted to abort (see my post on Apollo 11 - this was pointed out). THey got down to 11 seconds of fuel. Drones will get the most dangerous misns, like air defence suppression and penetrating heavily defended targets, or aiding the fighters that are. The radio signals that the controller uses will always face compromise, and AI is a century from being reliable enough to accomplish this in the face of determined opposition - Commander Data is what would be needed.