hOW TO HOLD Pedals

DD_asas

~s~

just made a nice deal on a Saitek Rudder pedals (50 euros, they cost 177 euros) and i wonder how u gents hold your pedals, cause mine, keep moving everywere.

another thing, i wont to ask, is the position. Should they b full horizoltal, or do can or must one lift a bit of the front side of the pedals, to form an 30º angle more or less.

if u gents, have pics, please, chare, it would b helpful.... :)

cheers

My CH pedals are located on an angled metal plate that forms the front section of a gaming chair, attached by large strips of Velcro tape. They don't move either.

It's worth getting the correct angle for ergonomic reasons. It's also worth considering that a swivel chair can really damage your back if used in conjunction with pedals. A fixed seat is preferable.

A swivel seat plus slipping pedals is a nightmare. A buddy of mine was laid up for three weeks, unable to fly because of ligament damage in his lower back :o

If you have a wood or linoleum floor - smooth anyway - then double sided Velcro is your friend.

If you're on carpet and they still slip, then you could use short pieces of carpet-gripper (of the type that carpet fitters use around the edge of a room) attached to the base of your pedals with, you've guessed it, Velcro tape.

If necessary, an angled ramp can easily be built out odd scrap timber and fastened down as above.

B :dog:

Mine are on a carpet so they don't slide when I push them.

Also, I find that if I keep my feet on them, I am usually pushing them the wrong way because I can't tell how much I am pushing one or the other.

The CH's I used to have needed a wedge for the right angle.

Saitek's don't need the wedge for me. I put a big book between them and the wall but I think I'll just drive a couple of screws through mounting holes and the carpet into the floor.

I push em all over the place.

I have the tension to max and like Snako still lean on them too much, always skidding the wrong way.

mine had the Velcro too. but i find the position very uncomfortable to my legs, specially to my knee. also i have a office chair that moves backwards , when i move.

i think i might have the solution.

So.... really you don't want to attach them to the floor, you want to attach them to your chair.

Screw the pedals on to a base that is wide, wider than your chair so your feet don't get tangled.

Attach some kind of cord to the base with a hook on the end, once you get settled in your chair, reach down and hook the cord on the shaft above the wheels of your chair.

You can push as hard as you want and never move. Rubber would be best for a bit of give so you don't destroy the pedals.

A pair of wide bungee cords would work great, they have a hole at one end to screw onto the plywood and a hook on the other.

Might be awkward if the doorbell rings though.

And if they ever break ..... POW. You are gonna hit the back wall at 20kph.

Concussion, twisted neck from your headphones....

Explain THAT to the insurance company.

312_3c117a29d9c676c2af0e9e4fe8fd9ce6

• 1. DDz Quorum

Did this last year. The chair legs slot into the rear of the 2 layer wooden base...ultimate test was when we changed the dining furniture!!! Moved the upper part of the base and hey presto, new chair slotted in...yeahhh

u gents, gave me a couple of great ideas....

I already have a base of wood, where i attached the pedals, similar to the one build by SID, well NOT AS GOOD AS HIS, nice work, man. :icon_thumright:

I had same probs with my keyboard, cause it's too big, and with the X52, the the area in my desk is too short, so your pic, CRASH, did solve my prob. I'm gonna build the same gadget for the X52 joy, thx for sharing.