Some pictures I took today

Blairgowrie

I think I told some of you that I have been logging some of the big white cedar out of the swamp. Here are some pictures of the cedars and the logging winch.

After I cut them down, I haul them out to an open area and take all the branches off and burn the branches, then I hook the trees back up and drag them off to the sawmill.

That was a big ass tree Bucky. And JP, I wonder if they get upset when somebody shoots a beaver. I think those broads should be working in a cut rate house of ill repute.

And BG......man I could set up a hellacious shooting range in that place. You could shoot .50 cal barret sniper rifles and not worry about hitting anything you didn't want to.

Hell, for that matter, you could shoot 105 howitzers in that place. Neat.

Meanwhile...in BG's backyard...a sound is heard

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/906397/

I've never laughed so hard in my life. Then I got a little sad when I realized how weak and shallow my Country has become. Oh well, at least we have stupid people to laugh and point at.

Thats some cool kit BG. I didn't realize the bandsaw would cut horizontally. What controls the speed of the cut, and the blade/band tension? Looks hydraulic.

Getting the log on that rig looks a heavy operation. I dont see forks on the front bucket of the backhoe, how do you do it?

Interesting side of woodwork that I never get to see. Thanks for posting.