OK Erco, you can stop bugging me now.

BadAim

This is a model of the Pzkw 38t I built some 10 or 12 years ago (if not more). It's the immensely crappy Ilaleri kit, heavily modified and detailed. I used photo etched straps and buckles on the tools and a couple of the tools are railroad stuff, the rest is from scratch. (I even moved/added a number of rivets....also railroad accessories). I can't remember half of what I did, but it includes a rebuild of the commanders hatch, the adding of the drivers hatch, nearly all of the details on the fenders, the machine gun was highly modified, as was the mantlet, and all the standard stuff like drilling the gun barrels and thinning the edges of the fenders. It's iirc a G model command tank and also iirc represents a 7th panzer div vehicle circa 1942.

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

Wow, incredible work. I love model tanks, havent built one in about 30 yrs. Used to do Tamiya and Mongogram stuff mostly. Loved them. Dunno where they went. I still have many of my planes, but none of the dozen plus tanks I made.

I liked them because You can be a little sloppy on a tank and get away with it, since htey are kinda sloppy looking after they've been in combat.

A nice kit.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

And yes Jeff, it's on the Zoo thread.

And Carl, I built vehicles for exactly the same reason. If you screw it up, you can cover it with mud or hang a duffelbag over it.

It's the 1/35 scale Italeri kit, the kit was a complete disaster, as nearly all of the details were wrong, the drivers hatch was missing,......I can't even remember half the stuff (I do remember that it was a butt load of work). The problem was, at the time it was the only game in town, and I really wanted to do a 38t as it was extremely important to the Panzerwaffe representing fully 1/4 of the German's tank strength at the invasion of Russia. Of course shortly after completion, a very nice one came out. Perhaps one day I'll start modelling again, but for now I just don't have the time or space for it.

Believe it or not, Mick I know several people that are Much better than I am. I retired the 38t from competition after scoring a hard fought second place finish (and was quite proud to get that...... considering the competition)

Oh, and BTW those are supposed to be heavy pole antennas, as it's a command tank, but several years in a box took thier toll.