d-day / time to nail your colours (colors) to the mast...

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Glen mentioned last night (thur 1/6) that he was not sure who was in so come on guys feel free to edit this post and put your name under the relevant heading. (use dots to format the position) if you have a preference number put it in a bracket.

..ALLIED..................................AXIS...............................EITHER

Redeye(1).............................frior-one..............................B16ENK

BG.......................................Redeye (2).........................Rattler

guitarman68..........................VonTonar...............................sged

jensenpark(2)........................jensenpark(1).........................Psycho

delta7(2)...............................delta7(1)...........................waldo.pepper

Cannon(1)..............................Cannon(2)...........................

Arsenal..............................................................................

Painless................................

Klinger..................................

TopAce(2)................................TopAce(1)...........................

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its unlikely im gonna make it, which is a real shame because it looks totally class.

doubletap has really put a lot of work into it.

if i can i would prefer axis, but im easy..... :wink:

Im sorry i cant be more definate, but theres a small chance i can fly and i dont want to let anyone down

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

I am quite RED happy to fly RED on either side, anything to help !!! LOL.

I have spoken to Klinger and If you would like him to join us he would be happy to do so and fly RED allied or RED axis.

Really looking forward to it , I love to be hanging under RED silk watching my RED plane hit terra firma in RED flames you buggers !!!!! LMAO

~S~ RED Painless :roll:

:salute: Have Joint-Ops that afternoon, 2pm til 5pm CST, will come over as soon as class is out.

I can go either way :wave:

Pooka

Yeah, same for me....

Found out today I have class first, starts an hour before the event...

Will pop over with pooka after school................*gawd...that's bin a long time I used that frase...."after school"...lol...*

M8's,

First of all, thanks to frior-one for starting this thread in the first-place, as it has been of considerable help.

Based on stated (or non-stated) preferences, I divided up all currently pledged players into three groups; Allied Core, Axis Core and Mercenaries. The idea is to form, at this point, the opposing teams while allowing for some flexibility for unforeseen additions and/or drop-outs. The core of each team can begin discussing strategy and such while the Mercs can wait to hear the final plans on D-Day, and thus not be privy to things they should not hear should they need to switch sides. Better yet, the Mercs (I among them especially) should pledge to fly for either team when assigned, making use of no special knowledge gained if previously flying or discussing plans with, the other.

Groups are as follows:

ALLIED Core

BG

Guitarman68

Arsenal

Redeye

Waldo.Pepper

Cannon

Jensenpark

Lt. Emann

Topace

AXIS Core

delta7

frior-one

Von Tonar

Psycho

Sged

Pooka

BadAim

**Klinger

**Rattler

MERCs

Doubletap

B16ENK

Knutsac

Dazza#

**Update 6/8/06 6:30am Klinger and Painless assigned to Axis Core as sged and Pooka may not be there at start.

# Possible, not definite

D-Day Command

BG came up with an interesting suggestion a week or two back regarding the appointment of Air Commanders for the D-Day scenario and I have been mulling it over. It is something they use in Joint Ops and while I certainly thought something like that would be useful, but I was hesitant to make things too formalistic. We certainly are a lot more informal (and let's fact it, disciplined) than the Joint Ops sessions.

BUT, considering the whole point of this session (besides fun) was coordination and strategy, I can’t escape the logic of the concept. I particularly finding it absurd that I have been emphasizing coordination and teamwork, but was going to, on the very day of the event, say, “Okay, here’s your team, the server is up. Now, GO MAKE A PLAN ON THE RUNWAY AS YOU START THOSE ENGINES!â€

Our strategy will consist of:

- blaming Oleg for anit-US/Brit bias

- calling the blue team names and reminding them that their women don't shave their underarms and legs - unlike good ol' red team girls.

- blaming our bad flying on bad colour coordination (Are you drinking Johnny Walker Red or Blue? dammit...hit the red by mistake)

- using BG's immense wealth to buy the cable companies and cutting off blue service so they can only use dial-up.

- having Merc Doubletap fly blue as we know Psycho will team kill him mercilessly.

• 1. DDz Quorum

:salute: Each member (all of us) should make sure we have Teamspeak set up that we'll be able to switch to different frequencies (red/blue channel). I can't wait... to fly with my Fuhrer, Delta_7 :hal

Pooka

YA VOL!!!! MIEN Fuhrer Dave.... zieg...... HEIL!!!! zieg.....HEIL!!!!

(goosestepping and arm in the air)

For Ze Fazerland!!!!!!

heee hehehh e eheh eheheh ehehehe he heh e hehehe h OOoop ACK!

Psycho has been designated to fly a Storch for all the missions...