So where are you originally from...?

GreyKnight

Born in Winnipeg Manitoba

Adopted @ 1 year old by wonderful parents, a Ukranian father & Polish mother who also later adopted my younger sister.

Raised in a small Manitoba Hydro community along the Winnipeg River in S.E. corner of the province.

My wife searched & found my 100% Ukranian birth mother and younger siblings which included 3 step brothers & 1 step sister in Kamsak Saskatchewan about 3 years ago.

I have a huge family now

I'm just a mutt. :rolleyes:

Mostly German, Danish & English with a little Scottish and Swedish thrown-in too.

Then my greatx3 grandfather was the Indian agent & a commercial fisherman for the Mormon settlers around Utah Lake. He had 13 wives thus I'm related to half the people in the county & a good deal of Idaho. :o

Hmmm? Good question. I really don't know my "Roots" I guess. I think my ancestors got to the USA several generations ago. I was born in Mendota, IL on 07/11/1961. I have live in northern Illinois most of my life. I did migrate to Glendale, Az for about a year. Also Tucson,Az for about 3 years back in 1984.

Some interesting stories here. I really like your story Bonger mate. That's really cool to have hooked up with your biological family. Now you got a pretty big family for sure. Very nice indeed.

Rattler, do your parents still speak the Netherland language? What is that language anyhow? Nice idea for a thread GK. You still in Austria? Been there all your life?

Good one Greenstreaks. Large family there too I see. 13 wives. I could never deal with one woman let alone 13. Yikes. Yes, I am a mutt too. I have been told German, English, Irish, :huh:?

Logos :hello:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Born raised and live in Antigo, Wisconsin, pop. 7,500.

My Grandparents on fathers side came from Germany after WWI, he fought for the Kaiser.

My Grandparents on mothers side came from Ireland & Scotland in the 1800s, he fought for

Woodrow Wilson in WWI,

Rattler, do your parents still speak the Netherland language? What is that language anyhow? Nice idea for a thread GK. You still in Austria? Been there all your life?

Both my parents speak and write Dutch fluently, my sisters both taught themselves too (born in Edmonton like me), and I speak and understand it enough to get myself in trouble thinking that I know it well enough to carry on a conversation!

BTW: GreyKnight is the one in Austria....

Both my parents speak and write Dutch fluently, my sisters both taught themselves too (born in Edmonton like me), and I speak and understand it enough to get myself in trouble thinking that I know it well enough to carry on a conversation!

BTW: GreyKnight is the one in Austria....I know that ...Duh! lol

I know where GK lives. He likes to snow ski in the mountains and owns a Saint Bernard.

• 1. DDz Quorum

English as far back as we can trace.

But the family rumour is we are originally German, hence the name Enkel, but so far no trace over a 100 years back.

Found references to our family having been wealthy in the past, owning a large parcel of land in London which is why there is a street and pub named after us, just off Seven Sister road.

The Enkel arms, used to have our coat of arms, stands on the corner of Seven Sisters Road and Enkel St. Had a pint there many years ago :).

One curious history bit, there was an Enkel with my first name back in the 1700s who was a cutler in London.

At the time this was discovered I used to make surgical instruments, which of course were originally made by cutlers!!

We got about a bit, there is an Enkel Fireman in Canada, Enkels owned a shop there, and we put our stamp on Australia too something to do with pineapples IIRC.