Why am I so slow?

doktor

• 1. DDz Quorum

Depends what you are flying ;)

And where of course.

We use CEM (Complex Engine Management) so informed usage of prop pitch and mixture is required, where appropriate, and the right supercharger setting for the altitude.

Also fuel load out is a consideration, as is ordinance.

One final item is WEP, and the fact that others may be using 100-110% throttle.

There again it may be that you are simply too heavy for the AC :icon_lol:

Depends what you are flying ;)

And where of course.

We use CEM (Complex Engine Management) so informed usage of prop pitch and mixture is required, where appropriate, and the right supercharger setting for the altitude.

Also fuel load out is a consideration, as is ordinance.

One final item is WEP, and the fact that others may be using 100-110% throttle.

There again it may be that you are simply too heavy for the AC :icon_lol:

OW!

They are not the faster of things and it could well have to do with the map and age of plane.

One good tip in a zero is.. If you dont manuevre so well then you are going too fast.. those things suck when they get speed.

Depending on distance to target try and only take 50% fuel.

Ok I've got a question along these lines too. Might as well ask it here since it would also help answer Doktor's question.

I think I've got the super charger & fuel mixture things somewhat figured-out (engage SC or cut fuel back to 80% near or over 3000 meters in Zero's), but can someone explain when to use the various radiator settings?

I'm not the most knlowedgable on it but I tend to work on 85% - 90% power and prop pitch and keep the rads at 4 - 6 whilst cruising and dogfighting.. (dont want to overheat a zeke) then if necessary I'll close em up if desperate and need to run back home!

I've tended to change fuel mixture at 4000+.

You'll have to give us a chance to fly with you to determine if there's a problem, Docktor. I believe that you and Skylord were both on Zeke's TS Axis Fighters channel the other night when I came in to say goodnight.

The Zero flies very well, but not overly fast compared to '43 and later planes. It's strength is turning.

I can fly at full power, open rad for quite awhile before overheating, and then drop to 106% power without overheating.

rattler has it all covered - if you want more detail then the key to good flying is your angle of attack to the air which is covered here

http://www.av8n.com/how/

with regard to settings- here are mine- they are designed to keep my plane trimmed out and the engine cool as long as possible- its really annoying to get engaged in a fight and then your engine overheats and you have to lose performance to cool down

ROTERY ENGINES

takeoff

• 1. DDz Quorum
Single Malts make you fly?

i thought it was "Red Bull" that gave you wings......

Red Bull gets you up, the Single Malt is for the return to earth...

Yeah I overlooked the radiator, that has a major drag effect.

Rudder trim is IMO the most important trim, for speed and gun accuracy, as you can compensate with the joystick more easily for elevator and aileron.

It is necessary to constantly adjust trim Doktor, you trim the craft for the speed and altitude, when that changes the trim needs to be adjusted again.

Trim on a slider is by far the better way to trim, aside from accusations of 'cheat' it is far more life like than tapping an arrow key repeatedly...and easier to attain correct trim.

I use my CH Quad throttle for trim, and would not use anything else now to be frank.