Need Help In Taking Off In A Bf109E

AlexB

New here.

Got back into IL2 and downloaded IL2 1946 off of Steam my older disks didn't work on my new PC.

Using a Thrustmaster Flight Stick X works great for FSX buttons  are programmable.

For IL2 1946 I haven't made any changes to the inputs for Power,Rudder,Elevator or Aileron.

When taking off I have the Locked the Tail Wheel locked.

Having problem when I start to climb the plane goes to the left and into a spin then crashes.

I was great flying this beast 8 years ago but cant remember how I had it set up.

Suggestions welcomed.

Any fighter has a lot of power and a lot of torque to deal with. It sounds to me though that you have your elevator trim set all the way back (or up) and the plane wants to stall as soon as it lifts off or you are pulling too much nose up.

Set a button or use the default key(sorry, don't know the key)  to center elevator trim.

When you take off, don't use any more than 70% throttle until the tail comes up, you have control and the plane is rolling smoothly, then you can go wide open.

After you launch and start to climb out you should going at least 250km/hr.

What are you using for rudder? Keyboard? Twist stick?

When you are going slow your ailerons won't have much effect. Pick up a low wing with rudder, not aileron. You usually need to use the rudder a LOT during takeoff.

First to keep it straight during the initial acceleration, then to keep it straight as the tail comes up, then to keep the wings level as you leave the ground.

Oh yeah, the 109 is one of the few planes that has no rudder trim. You'll (almost) always need to hold some rudder to keep the ball centered. Another plane will be easier if you don't have rudder pedals.

We usually fly nightly in your time zone. Either 9 pm or 11:30 pm depending on what shift I'm working.

I'll look for you on the dogz TS if you want some help.

Using a Thrustmaster Flight Stick X.

Have a Saitek x52 HOTAS and put it back into the box and selling it.

Thrustmaster easy programmable buttons.

I'll have to get on TS and chat thanks Fleabag.

BTW I finally got the BF109 up after all these years it was Total Recall  :rolleyes:

Welcome Alex. If your left wing is falling that means that the plain stalled. So either you r trying to climb to hard or u r not using enough power, or both. Your speed should not go below 190 - 200 km/h on the bf. But generally you want to go as faster as you can in the BF.

when u get airborne, fly straight till u get 300 km/h. than start climbing at the rate that you can keep that speed.

cheers

• 1. DDz Quorum

LOL Alex, Perf is a very lovable fleabag ! Welcome, I hope we will see you fly with us in some of our regular sessions soon sir.

ROG : I think my "rank" should be more appropriately set as "Stench Hound" , what do you think m8?

Painless.

• 2. Administrators

Hi Alex , there's a signature section in your profile on the forum. Click on your username in any of your previous posts to access your profile.

~S~

Jabo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk