Advance Planning Ahead Of Canadian Lancaster Visit To Uk 2014

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Hopefully the first of many!

CWH Lancaster is confirmed for;

"Combined Ops 2014 at Lashenden (Headcorn) Aerodrome on the 16th & 17th August" - handy for the Kent boys!

• 1 month later...
  • 2. Administrators

Would that be both Lancs Nick ?

P.

Not sure Mick, the BBMF Lanc is supposed to be at Eastbourne on the Saturday and Sywell on the Sunday, so it's not clear at this point whether it'll be both or 'just' the CWH one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

According to CWH the schedule for the Lanc's displays will be released next week!

Hopefully Shoreham and Duxford's Autumn season closer are on there somewhere!

On a related note, does anyone have C$40,000 spare?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Avro-Lancaster-Bomber-Flight-/251519471501?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:CA:1123

Fly in the Lanc on it's trip from Hamilton to the UK. Approx 18 hours flight time!

Hmmm......having taken part in a similar odyssey from Brize to HK in a Herc. about thirty years ago, I'm not too sure that would be money well spent!  

$40k to be frozen, deafened, a sore ass and vibration white finger?  Mind you, I've always wanted to visit Iceland. 

• 2. Administrators

Both Lancasters now confirmed for 'Combined Ops 2014' at Headcorn (Lashenden) 16th & 17th August.

Confirmation from CWH.

Actually I can do better than this.

This link here shows their itinerary for August - both Lancs at Eastborne, Shoreham, Bournemouth - I'm tempted by all of these despite the distances.

Their original intention was to be on the way home early in September but now they're saying mid-September - So as to include the season closer at Duxford on 13th/14th Sep maybe?

• 2. Administrators

How about Shoreham and Bournemouth - Could do Shoreham on the Saturday and Bournemouth on the Sunday? Handy for you too!

I suggest we hold off for a brief while until we find out about the dates in September though - might be nice to do Shoreham or Bournemouth + Dux for instance. This option gives us a choice of dates too in case of poor weather.

• 2. Administrators

Shoreham is on my list too Chris, will make a serious effort to do that this year. Especially as the sea vixen is back on the circuit and Shoreham is the best chance to see her apart fron Bournemouth.