• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks to Arthur I now have Clod.

I have.....

created a steam account

installed steam from the cd

installed the game from the cd

updated the game via steam

downloaded the ATAG mods installer (is this the Fusion patch?) from the vault

Do I need to back anything up before running the .exe from the ATAG (if thats the right thing to do)

Any advice / pointers welcome

Friar

Colin, when you've had it up and running for for a while you'll notice the glaring lack of anti-aliasing.  I use SweetFX to partially overcome this. The 'Bat uses something else.  Up to you what you do of course but I'd recommend giving one or other a try.  Not a complete fix but it does help. 

• 2. Administrators

I actually use sweetfx again now, but turn off all the crud other than the AA, as i think since they changed the colours in the patch, sweetfx with the gamma changes makes it look wrong now imo.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks to Fen,Jabo and Fruitbat for a bit of hand holding last night.

Just the small job of sorting out track ir, mapping all the new controls, learning engine management..........

I'm using FlightFX and nothing more than the Ultra SMAA turned on.

Do you mean using flight FX as is, and turning on SMAA in game?

Is the flight FX you are using for CLOD specifically? Or is it not necessary to be specifically for CLOD. I ask because I have seen "Sweet FX for ROF" so was assuming that the flight or sweet FX had to be game specific. Assuming is probably a big mistake! Also where did you download Flight FX.

Thanks

Here you go, AP;

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=278&t=34103

SweetFX is a utility for enhancing all games using DirectX.  A guy from the RoF forum wrote FlightFX as a more conveniant way of applying SweetFX to games.  You can use FlightFX  on anything using using DirectX and you can do it with sliders instead of altering lines in the config.

I use it for RoF and CoD. 

• 9 months later...
  • 2. Administrators

OK......

on the main screen I show version 1.11.20362. I has assumed since the last patch was 4 point something I needed an update.

Think you might be confusing that with '46?

OK......

on the main screen I show version 1.11.20362. I has assumed since the last patch was 4 point something I needed an update.

Thats good Perf.  That is the last vanilla version of the game.  You can confirm this by checking you have the Sukhoi aerobatic plane in the aircraft selection panels.

Now you have the base you need to manually download the Team Fusion mod patches.  They are NOT part of the Steam game. Have a good read of this;

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

The videos are worth watching as installation is not completely straightforward.

• 2. Administrators

1920 by 1200, no problems here. Besides I've never understood the mentality of making a game look worse just to have a slight gaming advantage, its a game after all, and I love eye candy!

After watching a video tutorial on spotting targets it mentions not setting your screen resolution too high. Just curious as to what some of you CLOD flyers have yours set to?

That advice would be out of date now as spotting contacts has been fixed in recent Team Fusion patches.  Set your screen to its native res. for best results in CoD.