Hsfx Help

JensenPark

• 1. DDz Quorum

Isn't this redundant since HSFX has an Autoupdater?

Not at all.

The AutoUpdater only updates an existing 6.01 so CheckMods is fabulous, it will quite literally update any install :)

FT and I discussed the possibility of it checking to see how many files needed updating, and pulling compressed alternatives if a threshold was reached.

This would save on bandwidth and speed the process up.

Yes indeed. Would be very good.

But, I've been thinking about it ... and it is kinda tricky.... as in... what to zip up as a set?

What belongs 'together'? How can one be sure one has the correct set zipped up?

Aha, I know...Checkmods makes a fix-it-report, sends it to the server, the server packs all those files together, mails it to the owner of the issues... :-) In properly sized portions for sure... You only need to do some research and some scripting Rog .... :D

I've been doing some extensive testing the past week Rog, is that visible in traffic? Significantly increased bandwidth usage there?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Isn't this redundant since HSFX has an Autoupdater?

What Rog said.

Like if you run Checkmods, and let it do its work, you'll find your install will have a specific set of mods active (history, expert, perfect landscape, hakenkreuz, Tioger's flyby) and it will ad the G11 as flyable for free! (But, it will ignore other items in the MODS folder, so that's safe...although I should make sure the distress call position mod is removed maybe)

So, it is not an Autoupdater, it's more, and it's dd-specific.

We could do all kinds of cool things with it... like even make sure every dog has a specific set of skins... or whatever ...

I agree with Jabo, I would start from scratch and just install all the patches up to 4.11.1, and then HSFX 6.0 and then the patches for HSFX.

You are the first one I have heard of trying to install/patch/mod the game using FTs Modchecker. Not saying it doesn't work. But the old way is tried and tested AFAIK.

It's OK to have Kelly for a Guinness, er guinea pig, though as we don't care if we hurt his feelings. As a matter of fact, if we get to point and laugh, it's only a win-win! That said, I would try a complete re-install, as we need more cannon fodder.

I love you, man.

• 1. DDz Quorum

There was a script indeed Rog, I edited that access file via the extplorer and changed Kelly's IP address to the one he's currently using.

Not sure whether a script is needed, as I wonder how many people will get into that much trouble where a re-patch won't fix the issue...

Of course, we got Kelly...

Oh, and there's that weird issue that Fenrir has with the Ardennes wintermap, checkmods might be of help to analyze where the problem really is...

By removing the .htaccess file (or rename it) that will take away the check all together..

Saw no obvious impact from your testing either!