Hsfx Help

JensenPark

Hi guys:

little help here. Been away a long time, I know. Time to get back into it.

What's the upgrade process?

I think the most recent I have is 4.10.1

I tried asking Colin but he said "no one wants you back. You are evil scum and we don't want you back so I will not tell you what is needed. Don't ask anyone else, either. And yes, Painless is still gay.".

I think he is being a bit of a joker here...so maybe someone else can let me know?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi guys:(...)

I think he is being a bit of a joker here...so maybe someone else can let me know?

Sure, I can let you know: Colin is not a bit of a joker. Well, maybe he is, but he spoke the truth here, yep, not a joke!

As for the other fun stuff; Here's your brief, read it!

You'll be needing:

Patch 4.11m and install that one ( link to file in vault )

Patch 4.11.1m and install that one (link)

Once installed, make sure it's running okay, and then make a backup copy of the game.

Next, download and install HSFX 6, which is a large one. For details on howto: see this thread by Fruitbat

Once that's done, get patch 6.0.1 (link)

And finally: the recently published autoupdater: Link, which will bring it up to 6.0.12

(Unfortunately, the Autoupdater will not install HSFX completely automatically, it will only bring it on the latest patch level.

Whether you can skip patch 6.0.1, I'm not sure....)

After you've installed them all, run JSGME.exe (it's in the folder where you installed the game) and make sure these modes are active, in this specific order, where HSFX History should be the first one listed:

-HSFX History mod

-Expert Mode

Finally, one MOD you should install: The Flyable G11. (Glider aircraft) We use it every now and then... Link to a thread by Fruitbat

Got it? Good Luck!

(P.S. I am working on a new release of CheckMods... too bad it's not done yet... Could've been useful for you... Sorry!)

• 1. DDz Quorum

4.11int should indeed be installed over 4.10.1m....

Did 4.10.1m run without errors?

Are you sure your started with a clean 4.10.1m?

If not, try and put patch 4.10 over it first, then 4.11m

If so, try and re-download 4.11int patch, maybe it got corrupted during download?

If it still aint workin', you can try and download the MegaPatch, which contains all patches from 4.07m up to 4.10m.

Could be a good base to work from...

• 2. Administrators

I'd start from scratch JP, install from your disk (which will be 4.07). Use FT's megapatch link to get to get to 4.10. Then patch it up to 4.11.1 & finally hsfx6. Ensure the game starts after each patch is installed and you should be good to go! There's a bob night coming up on the 16th, so we need you ready by then!

Jabo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1. DDz Quorum

lol...the big download is working now...but my 1946 disk is damaged. frig.

what version are you fine chaps using then?

Well, especially for you, CheckMods exists.

Try the new version, it's still in a test state, but as you are already kinda lost, you got nothing to loose... Link to CheckMods 1.7

Just let it point at a defective installation of IL2, you can even try an old copy of UP3 ;-)

(Others better not use it yet!)

• 2. Administrators

We've not officially switched to hsfx 6 JP, but the plan is to change over on the bob night - 16th sept. your disc problems are more worrying however. What's it doing? I'll be on a bit later if you want to discuss it.

Jabo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1. DDz Quorum

lol...the big download is working now...but my 1946 disk is damaged. frig.

what version are you fine chaps using then?

Well, especially for you, CheckMods exists.

Try the new version, it's still in a test state, but as you are already kinda lost, you got nothing to loose... Link to CheckMods 1.7

Just let it point at a defective installation of IL2, you can even try an old copy of UP3 ;-)

(Others better not use it yet!)

I had better check how it authorises users FT.

Can't remember how we did it, I recall there was a cron job that updated the IPs that were allowed to access the directory.

As I have not implemented that since we should be OK for now :)

Hi gents...

as always, thanks for your help. Painless, as always: stop staring at my crotch.

Ok, I seem to have it patched up to 6.0.1 but the updater won't take it to .0.2...says "a new version of MS Visual c++ has been detected on this machine.

should it be in Program Files (X86) maybe instead of just Program files?

• 1. DDz Quorum

And, I think I've managed to give you properly authorised access ...

OK just refreshed my memory of how we did this.

I need to update the script to use the data from the new forums, this was based on the old software (SMF) so will need to do some research.

In the meantime if any others need to use/test we will have to manually add access.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Isn't this redundant since HSFX has an Autoupdater?

Not at all.

The AutoUpdater only updates an existing 6.01 so CheckMods is fabulous, it will quite literally update any install :)

FT and I discussed the possibility of it checking to see how many files needed updating, and pulling compressed alternatives if a threshold was reached.

This would save on bandwidth and speed the process up.

• 1. DDz Quorum

And, I think I've managed to give you properly authorised access ...

OK just refreshed my memory of how we did this.

I need to update the script to use the data from the new forums, this was based on the old software (SMF) so will need to do some research.

In the meantime if any others need to use/test we will have to manually add access.

There was a script indeed Rog, I edited that access file via the extplorer and changed Kelly's IP address to the one he's currently using.

Not sure whether a script is needed, as I wonder how many people will get into that much trouble where a re-patch won't fix the issue...

Of course, we got Kelly...

Oh, and there's that weird issue that Fenrir has with the Ardennes wintermap, checkmods might be of help to analyze where the problem really is...