2012 Music Thread

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ok Gents, here's the rules. Each post must consist of

1) an old favourite song of yours from any genre, era or planet!

2) a song that is new to you in the past 12 months - now it doesn't have to be from a contemporary artist; it could be a Racmaninoff piece that's been around for 100 years that you have not heard before now. The important thing is that it's new to you.

I'll kick things off - an old Motown classic I love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lyzd2pAOhA

and this is brand new from a contemporary British band called The Maccabees - I love it, and their last album is, in my opinion, bloody marvellous!

Oooh-er Fenrir, where do you start! For a fave oldie 'ow about some Toots and the Maytels?

Now I've always had a soft spot for Jefferson Airplane but I assumed they became rich, famous, turned themselves into Jefferson Starship, produced the abomination of a tune that goes "we built this city on rock and roll" and generally sold out. Very recently I've discovered this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj3W9rt3GTE

1. My oldie is in fact a mash-up of two oldies, is that allowed?

Actually, It's too good not to post. Enjoy the fusion of two of the greatest rock/metal bands:

2. Now the new one. Another fusion, this time of genres. It's relatively new to me and it's a new-ish song that will polarize opinion i'm sure!

Dubstep is like the 'marmite' music right now, personally it's a bit of a guilty pleasure. This I believe is Skrillex's second track with Korn, and fuses their nu-metal sound with dubstep.

It's not for the faint hearted :laughing7::

Pick an old Beatles song because this track has a nice riff and beat and it reminds me of a decent happy childhood. I also think it was ahead of their music style then. I laugh when I hear one of the Gallagher brothers (Oasis)claimed "we are bigger than The Beatles :icon_puke_r:

Playback and singback LOL.

I have liked Yello a long time and bought their latest album "Touch" in 2011 and think it is by far their best. The dynamics is just astonishing. Unlike some other albums, which contains lots of disco-like beats, "Touch" is a more quite and laid-back album.

• 4 months later...