What The...?

GreyKnight

I know! Just imagine if one of them just accidentally added a touch more nose down pitch, or the engine lost power briefly, or they hit an odd, slightly bigger, wave. They'd nose over and be on their back in a second. :(

Amazing flying though.

This is really no different then landing on the water with skies. Just have to make sure you don't dip too much wheel in the water but with the shape of the tire it probably has a tendency to try and force it back out of the water again anyways, until you go too far and then the water will want to force it down in more. Its looks kool, but its probably not as hard as it looks.

Its looks kool, but its probably not as hard as it looks.

I dunno m8, you've got a line the width of the radius of the wheel between success and failure. That's not all that wide.

Jabo

Yes, but as stated up to the point of crossing the limit, it would get harder to dip the wheel into the water the further is goes. The wheels are going to skip on the water, and you can't underestimate the density of water at say 150mph. Its a bit like concrete if not harder at even lower speeds then that. Not saying its for the faith of heart, but I'm sure the nature of the water helps. Water is a very unique and dynamic thing. To the pilot, it probably a lot like touching down on a concrete strip. You just can't make contact too hard initially as you don't want to dig in so to speak or you in the drink, but once your skimming on the water its like being on terra firma and you would be surprised how hard you would have to push to overcome the water density. I'm not saying its not kool, but I doubt its as hard as some of those aerial tricks stunt pilots perform.