Aaaaaargh!

DD_Fenrir

• 1. DDz Quorum

So, yet another reinstall of windows after I found my nachine completely hijacked. Ghey.

Opened an email from ebay of all things and suddenly this damn malware urging me to install 'Win 7 Anti-Vrus' pops up and suddenly blocks all programs and won't let me even run Windows Security to get rid of it. Short version; i'm effectively locked out of all my programs until I sign up with their highly suspicious Av software for a mere $30.

Fuckers. If I discover which POS company write this software I'll hunt em down and burn their place of business to the ground along with any of their sorry ass excuses for human beings who happen to be in the premises at the time. Aaaargh!

• 2. Administrators

Try this Tom,

Firstly and most importantly DO NOT buy the 'software' they're offering you, it's just a scam to get your bank details. The last guy I spoke to who went along with this lost £500 in minutes.

Download ComboFix (on an uninfected machine), copy it to a memory stick and then boot yours in Safe Mode Plus Networking - you need to have internet access for this to work properly. Run ComboFix and while it's fixing the problem go make yourself a drink - this bit can take a while. Follow the onscreen prompts and it should clear your problem.

The link to ComboFix is here. PM me or give me a call if you're still having problems (My phone number's in the PM I just sent you)

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Firstly and most importantly DO NOT buy the 'software' they're offering you, it's just a scam to get your bank details. The last guy I spoke to who went along with this lost £500 in minutes.

Jabo

'Effin great. I had this same 'effin popup 2 weeks ago....... I bought the effin' software...... :angry:

On the same depressing note, one of my old customers is bringing in his computer for "a service" this week :-\ I know how it'll be, wading up to my knees in malware trying to coax a few more virtual miles out of some bits that should've been trashed the last time I looked at it three blooming years ago.

Oh bugger, the price of friendship! :gym:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Cheers Nick. I did as you suggested before I reinstalled; this lil bastard of a program blocked cobo fix in safe mode. As it happened I just found this page - wish i'd seen it before I reinstalled! Hey ho.

http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f51/win7-home-security-infection-244187/

Needed that reg key apparently.

• 2. Administrators

The way round that is to run msconfig.exe in ordinary Safe mode and disable all non-MS processes and services that run at startup, then run ComboFix.

Sounds like you've a problem with your av/anti-spyware software if this keeps happening.

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

Well there is no arguing with Kelly on that one ! LOL

Seriously, I to have had to reformat the family PC around a month ago for exactly the same reasons as you Tom !

Already it has caught another one of these trojan things and it will NOT system restore and Malwarebytes , ESET, AVG rootkit, AdAware, Reg cleaner etc cannot get rid of it even in "safe mode".

I will try the method above asap.

Thanks Nick, Tom, but most of all Kelly ! LOL

~S~ Painintheass