Buying Downloads Over The Interbet

Blairgowrie

I had to reromat and then my DVD for 1l2 wouldn't load. So I found a site called direct drive and found 1l2 sturmovick for $6.00 . 4.07 installed ok but when Itried to patch it up, it wouldn't

So I thought I could just delete my insatll and reinstall since it was sitting in Downloadsds Wrong! It seemed to install ok but the exe was missing. No problem I thought. I'll just buy another download. Now I can't find it listed on their website. Anyone know what is going on?

Not my best day on computers. .

Is it IL2 FB?? or just IL2 Sturmovik?

Anyway, my experience with downloading games is mainly with Steam. And they do something to the game's install format and it installs in the Steam folder buried in some sub folder. I don't know how CloD works, but the 3 other games I have from Steam are like this and you have to get the updates from Steam. You can't just download an update and install it like a normal game because it is installed in the Steam folder and is setup differently.

Is it IL2 FB?? or just IL2 Sturmovik?

Anyway, my experience with downloading games is mainly with Steam. And they do something to the game's install format and it installs in the Steam folder buried in some sub folder. I don't know how CloD works, but the 3 other games I have from Steam are like this and you have to get the updates from Steam. You can't just download an update and install it like a normal game because it is installed in the Steam folder and is setup differently.

It was il2 1946 Snack. They let me download it again but there is no exe to launch it.

can u post a picture of the files u have in the folder BG?

i've read somewhere that downloaded version of IL2 is somehow different, and is patched differently than a DVD version. if i find the info, i'll post it here.

• 1. DDz Quorum

You could try and download the no cd patch, it's got the executable in it: No cd-patch in the Vault

I am sure that there is something on the UP site about direct to drive. Worth a look :)

If you have a Direct 2 Drive (downloaded) version of IL-2 you will need to install the SAS D2D Patch. Available at SAS D2D Patch

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=1531.0