Outside View On The Runway

gec

• 1. DDz Quorum
2) after looking a bit into what TOAD said a few posts earlier about that there may be a way to limit externals to on the ground/dead, after doing a bit of reading around, it happily appears that we already have this mod as part of UP2.01. Its part of the 'bombays door mod', and all it requires to work, is that i add 3 lines into each .mis file,

first add a [MODS] section, and then add the following 3 lines,

ExternalViewLevel 1 (this limits which views, 0, your own plane only, 1, all friendly stuff only, 2, enemy views as well)

ExternalViewDead 1 (only external views when dead)

ExternalViewGround 1 (only external views when on the ground)

• 2. Administrators

further to what rog said, its part of the bombays door mod that comes with ultrapack.

you can find the readme for this in the ultrapack docs folder in your up install, and theres some other options for padlock as well.

one thing though, if for some reason you then go into the fmb for whatever reason after you have added this section, you will need to re enter the [mods] section as the fmb knocks it out.

2) after looking a bit into what TOAD said a few posts earlier about that there may be a way to limit externals to on the ground/dead, after doing a bit of reading around, it happily appears that we already have this mod as part of UP2.01. Its part of the 'bombays door mod', and all it requires to work, is that i add 3 lines into each .mis file,

first add a [MODS] section, and then add the following 3 lines,

ExternalViewLevel 1 (this limits which views, 0, your own plane only, 1, all friendly stuff only, 2, enemy views as well)

ExternalViewDead 1 (only external views when dead)

ExternalViewGround 1 (only external views when on the ground)

thx Rog!! u r da man!!! :thumbsu:

Cheers Kev, it was your post I quoted there so credit goes to you!

U r da man FB !!! :thumbsu:

only thing i need with padlock is how to disable it . and i know how to do that. :rolleyes:

• 2. Administrators

if your flying with ai (co-ops), its useful to have internal padlock on, as its the only way you can control effectively what the ai does.

In that you can padlock an enemy target, and then use the wingman orders to 'attack my target' and they will.

For MDS missions less useful i know.

I do not possess TIR which puts me at a disadvantage with the locked cockpit and so (for me at least) the game really isn't enjoyable in the slightest so its a case of no fun = no play. Realism is for real life and gaming is far from that IMO.

I do not possess TIR which puts me at a disadvantage with the locked cockpit and so (for me at least) the game really isn't enjoyable in the slightest so its a case of no fun = no play. Realism is for real life and gaming is far from that IMO.

Ditto Zooly, except in the case of campaigns, I like to have the outside view available. What's the point if having the eye-candy if you can't see it?

Jabo

great. i agree with both of u guys. (at least i agree that we all have different opinions about stuff ) but is there any answer or constructive opinion on my question?

Well Gec already has his answer to how.

As for debate on the why.

Not the original reason for this thread, but since it's derailed.

Well for me it isn't fun to be sneaking around and found by the same guy every time, no matter the variation of routes I take.

When it happens over and over it, is obvious they are taking advantage of the outside views.

I host with outside views only for friendlies. and only if landed or dead.

So if you want to look around by all means, once you have filled the above criteria. as for the dead part, I hope it was me that obliged ya LOL

I also allow ground padlock, only for the guys that just can't find them, for a multitude of reasons, from skill to poor eyesight, it still needs to be fun.

Another reason I host with custom tags. 1200 meters (most machines render profile well enough to recognize at 1400 meters before tags shows up.) for plane types friend and foe. 300 meters for friendly pilot name.

This allows people to learn proper aircraft profiles. And helps with the team work, seeing each others names.

As for head tracking, there are plenty of ways to get your self into some sort of rig. From normal purchase to custom building one.

Several Dogz have done the latter with great success.